Bulgaria Reworked v1.6 [1.46]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
BulStudios

22 Aug 2022 17:51

krong2013 wrote:
22 Aug 2022 10:01
When you add Silistra do you plan to make the border with Romania on the ferry in this city?
Most likely yes

Added in 48 minutes 21 seconds:
arrahik wrote:
21 Aug 2022 13:18
Hmm, I know the map scale is a big problem, but I'm wondering if it's possible to bring the 2 towns a bit further down south since they seem to be almost on the border - even further up than Ruse.
Unfortunately not, the only way will be by making the roads shorter which is not something I want as the map is small enough.
Creator of Bulgaria Reworked map

Vabis22

22 Aug 2022 19:18

Border ferry crossing will be cool.

gmtavares

23 Aug 2022 11:48

Bulgaria is getting so much love nowadays!
Are all the Bulgarian maps (Dobrudja Map, BG+ and Bulgaria in Focus) compatible with one another?

Thanks
- GMT
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

dorianpok

23 Aug 2022 12:04

It seems to be.
I have all of them in my load order, and they fitted well in map .
No broken roads etc.

BulStudios

23 Aug 2022 12:53

gmtavares wrote:
23 Aug 2022 11:48
Bulgaria is getting so much love nowadays!
Are all the Bulgarian maps (Dobrudja Map, BG+ and Bulgaria in Focus) compatible with one another?

Thanks
- GMT
Yes! all Bulgarian maps add things in differential regions which makes them fully compatible

BulStudios

26 Aug 2022 18:06

I'm in need for a map review. Whoever makes a good review will get added in the forum post. Thank you for your work and help.

OMNI du 31
Developer

26 Aug 2022 18:25

If you want an honest feedback, there are tons of stuff you did wrong. I honestly don't know where to start

Ajouté 30 minutes 29 secondes après :
First and foremost, the city is literally in Romania.

This chevron is unrealistic. I have renewed all the signs in Varna and I don't remember a chevron like this at that junction. Even if there is, the ground is too tight to add it unless you want the player to hit the sign.

The area rather looks like this:

Volvo dealer sign is hovering in here.

This hill is way too steep in all likelihood. I have hauled in many maps and only RusMap and Grand Utopia had hills as steep as this one. Man has to take into account that the concerning hill in RusMap is in an old area and Grand Utopia is a fictional map.

Even if the hill were okay, this area needs tons of spicing. I.e. - brushes, vegetation, props and so on and so forth. Like this, it personally reminds me of the Windows XP background

ALWAYS add shoulders or sidewalks. I don't even mention the both ways sign in the middle of the road, lack of brushes, hard terrain transitions and high city_start_bg. The latter one is actually SCS' fault to set the node too low. You can adjust the height and set the font size to 0.55. Here are 2 examples from Kulata and Vidin

Hovering shrub

Where are pavements and the roundabout centre? Roundabout centres are placed among prefabs and they take names such as balt_center, blke_center, ibe_center etc. And shrubs do not grow on asphalts.

This is all I needed to see. No offense...
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

BulStudios

26 Aug 2022 20:31

Thank you for your time to write this reply, i really appreciate it.

1. The city is only in Romania on the map because there is simply no space. If i make it in Bulgaria on the map it will be a 5km road from the highway to Dobrich which is very unrealistic as in real life it takes over an hour. It sucks but it doesn't affect gameplay and you are considered in Bulgaria when you are in Dobrich and cars are with Bulgarian plates.

2.The sign does exist in real life! I drove literally a few hours ago on that road in real life. I will see what i can do to make it so that you don't hit your truck.

3.I will add this sign in the next update, but i'm on a holiday in Varna in real life and i don't have my pc so when i'm back in Dobrich i will add it.

4. Fixing in new update

5. This hill does exist in Aksakovo but it is a bit longer and not so steep. Trucks do struggle with it in real life. I will try to make it more realistic in the next update.

6. I'm really gonna improve such details in the next update. I kinda wanted to make the map not have any useless buildings that you don''t see 99% of the time because i know how many maps have horrible performance just because of some details that most people don''t even notice but i see my mistake and i''m gonna fix it. I also used this release to see if the map is crash free and everything works alright. Now when i know that it does work i'm gonna work my ass off.

7.https://www.google.com/maps/@43.2692279 ... 384!8i8192
This sign actually exists in real life. Although the turn is not as realistic i will fix it in the next update and replace it with a proper prefab.

8.I tried to fix as many as possible hovering shrubs and trees but i guess i missed some. Fixing in the next update.

9.The Shrubs are supposted to be the centre. Although i agree on the asphalt thing, i'm gonna fix that and add dirt for the shrubs. Also Shrubs/bushes are sometimes used to show the centre of a roundabout in real life. Welcome to the Balkans.

I'm sorry for dissapointing you with this release. I'm gonna fix everything i can and i hope i didn't lose you as a player of the map.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 27 Aug 2022 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

sg2601

28 Aug 2022 12:24

@bulstudios
Another Suggestion:
Don't include the original city.sii file
Create a new file called something like city.dobrudja.sii
and only include the cities you've added to the map
Master Fixer of GMC Logistics:
https://discord.gg/gmclogistics
AKA @jerrymasterfixer discord

BulStudios

31 Aug 2022 23:10

I'm currently working on new signs which i hope you will like. The new update will fix most issues, add new roads and as i said improve the signs. Here is one design:

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information