[1.48] CTD on zooming out the World Map

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
EdgeGladiator

07 Sep 2023 17:51

Hard to know what is the thing, the error at the end of the game.log mean that your game is running out of buffer space.
Did you try with r_buffer_page_size 30 ?
Also, I would advise testing first only with ProMods, Middle East and TGS, and then add again the other mods once the problem has been resolved.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

FreedomFries
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2023 18:01

I already have my buffer size set to 50; I actually have a strong suspicion that ProMods Great Steppe is the culprit, which sounds weird, but I think maybe it's incompatible with ProMods itself?
I'll check it out tomorrow, until then I don't want to say anything concrete. Thanks for the help!

EdgeGladiator

07 Sep 2023 18:18

You're welcome.
From what I see, you have The Great Steppe 1.0.2, which is the correct version compatible with ProMods 2.66. So idk how it could causes the crash.
After you have that ferry mod. I will test with the same load order you have and see what happen.
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

FreedomFries
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2023 19:05

Just tested without The Great Steppe, and I no longer get crashes when zooming out of the map. So I guess there's some sort of compatibility issue, pretty weird.

EdgeGladiator

07 Sep 2023 20:11

When I test the Great Steppe ferry file, I confirm there is no prob so isn't this.
I think you should download again the Great Steppe files, maybe files was corrupt.

S-U-P-E-R

07 Sep 2023 20:12

I got the same issue. I'am waiting for a map zoom fix.

waldyateem

07 Sep 2023 23:29

dears,
we got it crash while i open map in the great steepe map if somebody have same issue facing same kindly update us or if have a solution

ScuL
Founder

08 Sep 2023 01:07

The problem is not with TGS, the problem is that the ETS2 engine has a restriction on the amount of objects that can be displayed on the world map. When you add TGS to 2.66 and ME, it exceeds the limit and crashes the game.

SCS is aware of this problem and is working on a fix but there is nothing we can do to fix it.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

rene1207
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2023 15:34

Why is the map zoom error not resolved? It works with all other map mods.
As soon as you have installed Promods, the game crashes when you go to the map.
You always have to use other mods from the workshop so that the game runs.
Why is that?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2023 15:44

It's because the game can't handle the amount of route shields, company logo's and such added to the in-game map view. It's a game limitation we run into, and can't do anything about. Therefor you will need to zoom-fix which you can find in the Steam workshop.

It's not a thing we can fix. It's up to SCS to fix that.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information