ATS alpha video

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2015 19:00

The cities will be much more expansive though ;). Plus I think the UI will probably be similar to as seen, after all, the game ATS is only a counterpart of ETS2.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2015 19:05

It's a very long video and I'm short on time (I'm supposed to be working!) but from the first two 'quick jobs' I am very, very impressed with what I've seen. :)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

volan123
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2015 19:17

I think same UI is crucial if they want to merge ETS and ATS, as Pavel stated in Paul's interview with him! :D And yea, I love the new big cities and some new custom interchanges (woohoo finally!) :lol:
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

jontsuba
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2015 21:46

On the one hand, knowing the size of California and seeing the number of cities present, I'd say the scale is bigger (1:10?). But on the other hand, time flies at a rate of 1 min=1 sec. (1:60)?!

Anyway, I hope that they keep expanding the map. The thing that atracts me the most would be crossing the States from coast to coast, with a huge variety of landscapes.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2015 00:12

I can't say I'm overly impressed. Well, yes, you have to start somewhere, but with something like 18 cities and, if that's I5 north that can be seen sprouting from what I guess is Sacramento (would be in the wrong place with reference to surrounding cities if it is, imnsho) and it leads all the way to Redding, a biggest distance of 665 miles, that makes for a game with the scope of an UKTS or GTS, but at much smaller scale. If we go by time compression the scale is at best 1:30, so that is going to feel tiny compared even to vanilla ETS2 (which itself already feels a little claustrophobic once one is used to having going East and Promods).

Furthermore, I realise a lot of work has gone into this, so it's well too late now, but they've painted themselves into a corner. They should have started on the East Coast, where the population centre density is much higher. Check it, sure there are relatively close neighbours like Reno, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tuscon one can link to, but then the distances one would have to map to get a few more cities in get mental. Places like Portland, Boise, Salt Lake City, Albaquerque, Denver, San Antonio are like quite literally miles away, even ingame.

Landscaping is pretty accurate from what I remember, but in terms of this becoming a commercial success I'm quite pessimistic based on what can be seen in this video.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

DaFur

31 Jul 2015 19:38

So, it’s been a while since the release of the ATS video and I recently watched it again with some time to reflect on the video and the game in general.

My no.1 concern are the roads.
Looking at the design of the road system in the video, it looks very much like the road system in ETS2 but less flat.
There also seems to be an awful lot of single lane roads in America?
The scenery is OK but the road system doesn’t look American at all to me. Just old school SCS.
I find the German motorways in ProMods to look more American than those in ATS.

This game looks very much like something that could have been done with ETS2 and a couple of mods attached to it.
Maybe that’s just what it is, ETS2 in a new suit made for the American market?
From what I’ve seen in the video I definitely want to see more gameplay and some reviews before I put some money into ATS.
I rather put that money into ProMods ETS2 map. Better value, more entertaining and inspiring to drive, warts ‘n all.

The main quiz is, how long will it take before some genius ports ATS as a mod to ETS2?

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2015 20:15

ETS2 and ATS rruns on the same engine
Porting ATS assets is a violation of SCS copyright
One of the reasons we require the DLC's as we are not allowed to port assets from them
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Barrett_killz

01 Aug 2015 11:17

plykkegaard wrote:ETS2 and ATS rruns on the same engine
Porting ATS assets is a violation of SCS copyright
One of the reasons we require the DLC's as we are not allowed to port assets from them
People still port assets from Scania Truck Driving Simulator, even Hungary Map guy did it, and nothing has been done against that.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2015 11:28

Look at it from SCS's poit of view

Porting from and old game which doesn't really sell is not that big a problem for SCS
Only the model and texture will work, shaders needs to be fixed

Seen any porting from the DLC's?
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Barrett_killz

01 Aug 2015 11:31

I still don't get the logic of that stuff, it's like they're not interesed in development of the both games. Taking into consideration that the game's price was recently $4 in our country, but the Scandinavia DLC $13, it's pretty clear that they're focusing on new title sales more than the one they received most of them.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information