ProMods 1.96 & Rus Map 1.5.1

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
JESAN
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2015 19:35

Sorry Bill but which Promods file is the assets in your loading order : model or model 1 ?
I arranged my files order according to yours but now Brest (Litovsk ;) ) is missing

Got 4 Promods files : def,map,models,assets + the 1.96 patch

In the P.R.package there are 2 fixes : PR+Promods and PR+Promods+ Rusmap
Normally both should be used ?

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2015 22:32

No, you would choose one of the two possibilities. If you use all three "PR+Promods+ Rusmap" then you would use that file.

If you do not use RusMap at all, then use the "PR+Promods" file.

I should think the names would make that obvious.

I'm not certain which of those is the "Assets" files. Those names are only used in the Mod Manager.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Littlefazer
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2015 07:23

Can anyone tell me if they are getting double damage, interior noise x2/4 and different interface colours based on the promods def file when running the promod+rus+poland mods in the order stated in rusmap readme?

MYE2001

21 Aug 2015 13:32

Littlefazer wrote:Can anyone tell me if they are getting double damage, interior noise x2/4 and different interface colours based on the promods def file when running the promod+rus+poland mods in the order stated in rusmap readme?
I can`t make an exact statement,because I don`t use colours etc. in ProMods def,but the features should be maintained in your game if you use the order in the RusMap readme,because ProMods def will have higher priority than RusMap def,therefore ProMods def will overwrite the RusMap def.

Littlefazer
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2015 14:20

Ok thanks thats what i thought. It seems the colours are overwritten by either a truck mod or jazzycat on mine not that im bothered its more as a visual test to see if its working as it should its only I've not noticed louder interior noise or the extra damage with all my mods enabled. Singular mod testing looks to be the way forward to see where issue may be hiding. Thanks

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2015 22:09

The main problem is that the ProMods + RusMap + Poland Rebuilding FIX.scs file contains a game.data.sii file that is loaded last since it is at a higher priority in the "Active Mods" list.

Unfortunately, that overrides the custom game.data.sii that is generated when ProMods .def file is created!

If you move promods-def-v196.scs to a higher priority, then the map scale is messed up.

What I wound up doing is creating my very own "mini-mod" that combines the two different game.data.sii file so that I have everything the way I want it! :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

bumbumek

22 Aug 2015 00:57

That's why I only use my own gamedata.sii file (when there's a need, I just update it with new necessary values), placed on top of my mod manager. Besides I always delete other gamedata files (from ProMods, RusMap etc).

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2015 01:02

Ha! I'm so anal I even took the time to create a manifest, icon, and description for mine... :lol:

It really isn't necessary to delete the others since they will be ignored anyway. But yes, with 7Zip it's a piece of cake to delete them. Even better, one can edit most anything without even "unpacking" the file at all. 7Zip will simply replace any updated file... :ugeek:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

bumbumek

22 Aug 2015 01:09

Ha! I'm so anal I even took the time to create a manifest, icon, and description for mine... :lol:
You know, that I thought about this? :D So you're not the only one 8-)
It really isn't necessary to delete the others since they will be ignored anyway. But yes, with 7Zip it's a piece of cake to delete them. Even better, one can edit most anything without even "unpacking" the file at all. 7Zip will simply replace any updated file... :ugeek:
Just like WinRAR :P

adgjl
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2015 13:29

bumbumek wrote:That's why I only use my own gamedata.sii file (when there's a need, I just update it with new necessary values), placed on top of my mod manager.
n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:What I wound up doing is creating my very own "mini-mod" that combines the two different game.data.sii file so that I have everything the way I want it! :lol:
It seems that many people understand the innner workings of that file, so could someone tell me how to change
  • Traffic density
  • Mirror draw distance?
Some things like adviser colours are obvious to see but I can't find where these values are. Thanks, adgjl.
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information