Finland and Åland Islands Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
mbman212
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2015 10:20

IMO whole Finland is re-built, though I could be wrong.

Plus with the re-build, we get a few new cities ;)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Dannu
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2015 10:26

What i remember Platypus sayed this:Planned Cities in Finland are actually:Pori,Vaasa,(Kokkola),Oulu,Tornio,Rovaniemi,Joensuu,Lappeenranta,Kajaani,(Kuusamo).
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

illuminatikiwi
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2015 10:50

Nice to hear that!

Rigelmeister

26 Jun 2015 16:30

It's always great to see some improvements, doesn't matter where they are; but still, I don't understand why the team focuses so much on little countries in north where trucking is not a major deal. I mean, almost every international truck driver in Europe have probably crossed countries like Romania, Germany, Czech Republic etc. but only few of them went towards Finland or Iceland.

As I said, I am always fine with those improvements and totally respect the team for what they do. That's another point. It's not like I am saying, "I hate you for improving Finland and not other countries, I hope you die in pain." or so. Just a thought.

martinusK

26 Jun 2015 16:33

Little countries in the north? Finland is definetly not a little country.
And if you mean Estonia/Baltics, then due to their location they are major hubs - all truck traffic from, for instance, St. Petersburg going to the rest of Europe has to cross Finland, Estonia or Latvia.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Rigelmeister

26 Jun 2015 16:35

I mean, in terms of population. Geographically, Scandinavia and surroundings are not little, that's for sure. Moreover, they are kinda "border" for Europe. There is not much place to go further than Scandinavia. So, imo, more "main" and central spots could be improved. Scandinavia is already too beautiful, it feels unfair. :lol:

MYE2001

26 Jun 2015 17:40

I agree with Martinus Kundla,these countries are not small population wise.Maybe they can look small compared to Turkey (population wise) But when you compare with Europe,they are not small.But it is a fact that Europe is generally smaller compared to world countries. (Land area and population) And as map,there isn`t only work in Scandinavia.These are places have empty spaces and needs implementation:

1 - Scandinavia (North areas are empty and needs merge.,in dev)
2 - East of Baltic Sea (There is project Euromir,Belarus can be made,there are some little plans for Russia,but Russia is way too big)
3 - Mediterrean (There are Italy and Spain projects,France is almost finished,Greece isn`t possible now (no land connection)
4 - Balkans and Black Sea area (Romania and Ukraine projects are already in existence,but I also expect Balkans,too)

And a final note is ProMods also improving quality of areas in existence.Biggest example is ARP.This also requires work.
Last edited by MYE2001 on 26 Jun 2015 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

Rocar 512E

26 Jun 2015 17:47

OK that's enough offtopic.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2015 19:51

Hmmm kinda relavent since he is backing up the point that Finland and Baltics are of enough importance to keep focusing development on. Ontop to me.

Purno
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2015 05:59

Rigelmeister wrote:It's always great to see some improvements, doesn't matter where they are; but still, I don't understand why the team focuses so much on little countries in north where trucking is not a major deal. I mean, almost every international truck driver in Europe have probably crossed countries like Romania, Germany, Czech Republic etc. but only few of them went towards Finland or Iceland.
I don't see how you can think ProMods is focussing on Finland and Iceland more than countries like Romania, Germany and Czech Republic. There's a huge development topic for Romania. Germany gets rebuilt from scratch. Czech Republic certainly deserves our attention too, but the state SCS left it isn't as bad as the state of SCS' Germany.

Development on Finland was halted for a long time duo to DLC Scandinavia. Iceland was purely initiated because it was a good isolated project for a newbie developer. These countries also add a unique landscape, which makes it for an interesting drive.

We're expanding and improving the map in all areas and directions. But we have only limited amount of people and limited about of time. Additionally, we can't all work in the same country, so it's easier to spread our workforce over different countries.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information