ProMods 2.00 - Reception and reactions thread!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ETS2-User
Developer

26 Dec 2015 15:36

bumbumek wrote:Dear ProMods team, is there a way to delete loading screens? I would like to have only those from SCS World of Trucks...
Theoretically yes. They're located in material/ui/loading. However, they're in the locked parts I think…
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

bumbumek

26 Dec 2015 16:34

Unfortunately only def file is open, others ale locked, so I cannot delete it.

Files like loading screens should be optional.

Izargon

26 Dec 2015 16:44

My thoughts on pro 2.0...

InvisiWalls: two found so far, one passable at the interchange just south of Riga going from westbound to southbound blocking the road only, passable via the "shoulder" grass.

The other one found so far has been in at the toll booth north of Reyk. and just east of Akranes. the road back toward Reyk is bloccked at the toll booth, North bound is fine, just southbound is blocked at that toll booth...

One of my other observations so far has been that the you have set the sun to basically never set ANYWHERE, at least in the northern part of the map. Whether this is intentional or a preference to keep things simpler, it is a bit disconcerting to see the sun not set in Riga.

As an aside to the subject of sun position, is it more an issue of map scale that prevents a more accurate solar position?

I ask this because Eastern Express has it to where at a certain point toward Murmansk, the sun never sets, but south of that point, it will set normally. I'm just guessing that much of the issue around this is linked to map scale; the gulf between 1:10 map and a 1:19 is fairly large after all.

But, I will say that I really enjoy this edition of pro 2.0. Iceland looks better.. the Baltic region looks great for the portions I've traveled with a kw t800 :lol: Just exploring.. No crashes so far...

Apologies for comment on invisible walls, I figure they've already been reported properly by others...

Good map overall.

La_FuAzz

26 Dec 2015 16:51

In the locked files, you can still delete the files.
ImageImage

bumbumek

26 Dec 2015 17:24

My winRAR says ''file cannot be opened, or is corrupted''. I can open def file only...

Abraxas

26 Dec 2015 21:44

Izargon wrote:My thoughts on pro 2.0...

The other one found so far has been in at the toll booth north of Reyk. and just east of Akranes. the road back toward Reyk is bloccked at the toll booth, North bound is fine, just southbound is blocked at that toll booth...

One of my other observations so far has been that the you have set the sun to basically never set ANYWHERE, at least in the northern part of the map. Whether this is intentional or a preference to keep things simpler, it is a bit disconcerting to see the sun not set in Riga
Thanks for that IW report. We will fix that asap.
Sun position is not modified by us, except for Iceland. I think we should check default settings for other areas. In Iceland sun stayed too high, so we slightly lowered it to make it more real.

Glad you liked Iceland.

Starfruit 017

27 Dec 2015 00:35

My (honest) opinions of the areas Promods have mapped so far;

Iceland/F. Islands : 11/10
Germany/Austria : 10.5/10
Baltics : 10/10
Scandinavia/Finland : 10/10
Spain/France : 9.5/10
Romania/Moldova : Have not discovered
Ukraine : 7.5/10
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

spinner
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2015 01:29

Now that I've had some time to explore , congratulations on 2.0 ! The optimisation has been the best improvement for me , especially in the former Poland rebuilding areas. Frames still drop in a few of the cities , but overall the map runs almost as smooth as vanilla.
Love the roadside moose in the north of Finland. Are they still audible like they were near that fuel station in a previous version ? :lol:

I've had a few CTDs but nothing that enraged me enough to warrant an outburst on an internet forum :mrgreen:

Thanks !

Dannu
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2015 01:31

Finland was 5/5 :)
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Stuferus

27 Dec 2015 01:56

promods 2 looks nice (i think, not sure.. to many bugs! have not seen much yet, very unstable map at the moment), i hope a bugfix version is out really soon (this year) :)

thanks for the hard work promods team :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information