Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jasper

01 Mar 2016 14:48

Looks very realistic , good job :)
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

T-K

01 Mar 2016 15:20

The pictures look very good.

FH-Fahrer, you wrote every time, when you report about this area, about the Leipzig and HALLE/SAALE area. Is this a sign, that Halle will be included in the map as a regular city?

Kamil 22

01 Mar 2016 18:28

Will be rebulding Dresden area and create Gorlitz or Bautzen?

T-K

01 Mar 2016 19:50

I think, Bautzen would be to close to Dresden, but it would be nice to see Goerlitz, maybe with the neighbour town Zgorcelec - like Valga and Valka at the Estonia/Latvia border. At the moment, this area is an empty area.

Also, I would like it to see for example Cottbus in the game. Because for the southern part of Germany, so many cities are planned, but about new cities in the eastern part I do not read anything.
It should not be a criticism. I love the done work in Germany. Nevertheless the east parts look on the map on the first page very empty.

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 20:23

T-K wrote: It should not be a criticism. I love the done work in Germany. Nevertheless the east parts look on the map on the first page very empty.
But isn't this just as it is in reality? If you just take a look at the population density of each "Landkreis" (German subdivision districts), you definitely will recognize, that most districts in the eastern German region are on average less populated than the districts in Western Germany (except the big cities like Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig).

You even recognize this difference in other statistics or phenomenons in Germany (take a look for example at the different national sports leagues in Germany and you will also recognize that the most clubs are from the Western part of Germany).

Also, if you drive through the Eastern part of Germany, you will definitely have much more countryside and less cities than when you are driving through most Western districts. I regularly drive along A9/A10/A19 from Hof to Rostock and most of the time, you only pass rural areas and small towns and you definitely recognize a difference between Eastern and Western Germany.

So, in my opinion, the plans that are made for Germany are pretty good, since it shows the difference in population and economic importance. To be honest, I didn't even expect Stralsund to be on the map, because it's way less important than cities that are still and will forever be missing in southern Germany due to space issues like Ingolstadt or Augsburg and more cities in the Ruhr area.
And, it has also been said many times, that plans might still change, so, let's just see, what will be done or not and maybe, we will see another city that hasn't been mentioned yet. And, referring to the last pictures by FH-Fahrer, it seems like Halle/Saale might come which would definitely make sense, whereas this city isn't mentioned on the old plan on the first page.

FH-Fahrer
Developer

01 Mar 2016 21:38

For now the top priority it is to finish the ARP, so not much new cities but a whole rebuilt Germany (when we first don't create new cities, the ARP will be finished sooner). We will consider building new cities after the ARP is completed ;) Halle will be a small industrial area in the new version, so only the outskirts of Halle will be included... after the completion of the ARP we can extend it!

FH-Fahrer
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Gman912

01 Mar 2016 21:42

Looks awesome FH-Fahrer :)

Devilagent
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 22:33

I was afraid rebuilding cities and adding new cities were a priority due of the many requests by users, glad the actual ARP is still the priority. I can't wait to drive north to south on Promod's quality, on finished BAB 7 and 9 for example:) Keep up the good work!

Jemo

01 Mar 2016 23:52

T-K wrote:I think, Bautzen would be to close to Dresden, but it would be nice to see Goerlitz, maybe with the neighbour town Zgorcelec - like Valga and Valka at the Estonia/Latvia border. At the moment, this area is an empty area.
You're right. This area looks very unrealistic at the moment - As you said, it would be really nice to see Görlitz/Zgorzelec. :)

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2016 18:44

I wanted to ask if you can possibly do in berlin the branden burger tor ;) ;)
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information