Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Dec 2014 05:46

ScuL wrote:Things like speed limits and license plates are usually finished last, and they are not yet completely finalised for Iceland
OK, I just wanted to make sure he didn't forget (because he said that the next version of Promods might contain dome of Iceland).
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Purno
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2014 07:22

Volleybal4life wrote:In your movie I see no speedlimit in your Sat-nav. Only when you cross speedsigns.
Country speed limits haven't been properly defined yet. It'll happen.
TheMrMe1 wrote:Similarly, Fjarðarbyggð is a municipality that contains the towns Reyðarfjörður, Eskifjörður and Neskaupstaður along with the villages Fáskrúðsfjörður and Stöðvarfjörður. Here's a map of said area on Iceland's phone directory webpage.

The town marked as Fjarðarbyggð on Gmaps is actually called Reyðarfjörður.
Gah, I wish I had known this earlier. Some of you Icelanders should really contact Google to correct their mistakes...

Did you check all the other towns I made or plan to make too? The sooner I know any errors, the better.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2014 19:24

This must be really annoying for you guys, and it's as much Google's fault as anyone elses', they should be more thorough. The entire world doesn't speak English.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2014 21:50

TheMrMe1 wrote:
n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
TheMrMe1 wrote:It does not offer streetview, but it does have satellite/hybrid.
Strange, using the 360 degree view looks just like "Streetview," including the semi-transparent arrows to shift one's viewpoint... ;)
This is a feature that I'd completely overlooked.. Thank you for showing it to me!
Actually, there are places that aren't even seen on Google's Streetview, such as some industrial areas where Google's folks didn't drive...

...such as this part of Vik:
http://en.ja.is/kort/?type=map&x=500310 ... 1&jh=302.8

Oh yeah, take a close look at the paintjob on the car they used!
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

realdeal350
Developer

24 Dec 2014 23:35

AHAHAHAH LOL :lol:
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Rocar 512E

25 Dec 2014 00:03

realdeal350 wrote:AHAHAHAH LOL :lol:
I wanna see a car like that in ETS2 :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :twisted:

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

25 Dec 2014 06:14

A lot of these naming issues can be fixed with Google Map Maker, just get a bunch of other Icelandic people with Google accounts to agree with you and it's all changed. The real problem is that whoever Google based their maps on is wrong.

Also, Google's done up their StreetView cars like that in some countries. Using the Maps-style maps of course.

Onto the topic of ETS2 Iceland, Akureyri just looks incredible. Aside from those particularly sheer speed bumps going on and off Rt 1 (From my limited experience, they'd be more likely to use Speed Tables there and have the pedestrian crossing on top of the speed table), the main street looks like an actual main street that you would see in a medium-sized town like that.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

TheMrMe1
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2014 22:49

Purno wrote:
Gah, I wish I had known this earlier. Some of you Icelanders should really contact Google to correct their mistakes...

Did you check all the other towns I made or plan to make too? The sooner I know any errors, the better.
Do you have a list of the towns somewhere? I'll get right on it ASAP! :)

Of course, I did touch on the subject of Keflavík some 20pgs ago, but that resolved fine IMO. Are you putting house scenery along the Reykjanes penninsula as a Reykjanesbær stand-in?

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2014 23:44

Its on his map plan here.

TheMrMe1
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2014 00:35

I don't see any more gmaps mistranslations on that plan. You seem to be in the clear! :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information