Promods Progress Chart [2014-05-01]

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nathan200070NL
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2014 21:28

So... Mario and his authors are illigal to combine these maps. What now?

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2014 22:11

Nathan200070NL wrote:Maby a stupid question but do you have copyright on your map?
You always have a copyright on stuff you create by yourself.....and you don't have explicit to state that.
But i have no idea if that can be applied to mods which use stuff of others.

Moh1336

20 Mar 2014 10:34

"But i have no idea if that can be applied to mods which use stuff of others."

If you are using another persons work (whether a modder or SCS content) you have no claim of ownership over that content unless you are given express permission to use/modify it.

So for the content Promods have created from scratch, they of course have ownership. But any content that uses SCS work, is SCS content and copyright which means from a legal stand point, if someone was to take promods, remove all the content they created themselves but leave all the SCS content they can use it without any issue, unless SCS specifically give ownership of the created works using their content. While SCS don't mind us modding the game content, they have never (to my knowledge) come out and given express permission to do so.

It gets more complicated when we take real companies. For example; We know IKEA is in 1.5x and that McDonald's may be coming in an update to certain areas. I don't know who made these prefabs, but unless they got the written permission from these companies to use their copyrights/trademarks in the first place, they have no legal ground to use them and are committing a crime by even suggesting they own the content.

A lot of people often cite that something is used within the conjunction of creative commons license, which essentially states it can be copied and used for non-commercial purposes and often within other restrictions, however what most people don't realise is that it's only accurate if the company who owns the content has licensed it with creative commons first.

I have had my work stolen many times (one of the people is even a mod on the official scs forum) but because it is a replica of a real company, and I did not get their permission to replicate their design (which is not registered with Creative Commons as far as I know) there's really nothing I can do.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

20 Mar 2014 10:45

As long as we are not trying to gain any advantages from licensed copyrights it's fine. That of cours means that we have to keep the mod free. Once we are making money with the mod we need to own every single copyrighted logo in game.

When it comes to content it a bit different. A logo is copyrighted but every signle object that you create has a certain copyright as well. In this case, all our models are respectively owned by ProMods. People could ask us for permission of usage and we can deny that usage. The logo's (e.g. Ikea and McDonalds) are used on objects we created ourselves. Since we don't sell these we do not violate any copyright laws.

Still the term copyright is always a big hassle. Lot's of different laws etc. I would say this:
Respect the respective owners (e.g. TSM and ProMods) and delete the Mario map. In the end we are the ones providing that content. This hacking will just bring a new ProMods release into consideration (maybe we quit because of ppl like him).

Oh and the Mario map is made by KacaK as well... He owns a pretty decent yt channel, no idea why since he is mainly a hacker.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Nissantruck

20 Mar 2014 12:33

I must say that respect the copyrights is totally true but unfortunately not all people do not care about other people's rights
so thats why i will NOT use Mario maps or any other maps for that matter anymore i mean if Promods or SCS discontinue
of making the maps for Ets2 then i will stop using any Ets1 or Ets2 games with mods or with out mods and start to use something else.So Promods and Scs keep up the good work and thanks for the good maps that you are making for the simulation fans.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Son of Wellington
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 17:41

Can this be updated to at least say what is in 1.6?

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 20:39

I can say there are 3 new cities:
Angers, Poitiers, and Kalmar
IKEA stores all over the map mostly in the southern area of the map like in Italy and Austria
Re-designed Stockholm
And some new roads.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

03 Apr 2014 11:14

I would add:
All Europa Transport depots from 1.5.2 have been replaced with Posped depots;
Posped (Formerly Europa) Depot in Croydon now spawns jobs;
Aldi Nord, Aldi Süd and Lidl Delivery-Only locations have been added to the map, mostly replacing former SellPlan and Kaarfor Destinations. Aside: Deliveries to these three depot types are far more difficult than deliveries to SellPlan or Kaarfor ever were;
Bauhaus, METRO Cash and Carry and additional IKEA Pickup and Delivery locations have been added. New Bauhaus and Ikea depots seem to replace the SellPlan and Kaarfor destinations that Aldi and Lidl don't.; --The METRO tied to Angers has a particularly difficult loading dock

E18 from E20 to Stockholm added;
E22 from Kalmar to (Gamleby) Added;
Swedish Rt 35 from Linköping Airport to E22 Added;
Swedish Rt 40 from Jönköping to E22 Added;

They're most of the changes I can think of that I've found so far.
Last edited by jdenm8 on 03 Apr 2014 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

03 Apr 2014 13:34

I dont recall a skoda plant being there in version 1.52
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

03 Apr 2014 14:52

Nico wrote:I dont recall a skoda plant being there in version 1.52
That's indeed not part of ProMods, as far as I know. Probably Scout to Skoda rebadging by GameFixesv1.x mod which is broken with v1.9. This is now part of GameEssentials mod, version 3.0 I believe, but don't quote me on that.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information