Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LoaderSaints

25 Apr 2014 05:56

Looking great! I really hope you are making Kotka, as it is a major shipping port in Finland. Also if you are making Kotka then I take it you are making the rest of vt7/E18 between Kotka and Helsinki. But what I really hope is that you could add a gas station to where a town called Loviisa is. It would be right about halfway between Kotka and Helsinki. In my opinion the place would seem perfect for a gas station / truck stop as it is in real life. Also the vt7 can be a bit tricky to make because google does not have proper images of it anymore. There are so many construction sites along it and they are converting it to be motorway all the way to the Russian border. In-game that could be challenging to drive even. Also I'd like to note that the default motorway junctions that split the two lanes in to a lane and a ramp do not fit in Finland as there is always an extra lane for the ramp. I noticed that there was such junction in Turku in-game and if possible I'd suggest you change it. Wooh! Long post. Also my first one :P
Motorway Junction Wrong.jpg
The junction in Turku...
Motorway Junction Wrong.jpg (183.95 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
Motorway Junction Correct.jpg
...and this is how it should be like.
Motorway Junction Correct.jpg (178.61 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 25 Apr 2014 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2014 07:50

Most countries in Europe don't have these junctions, sadly SCS adds it to thier games :(
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

LoaderSaints

25 Apr 2014 08:02

I also noticed that the road textures are weird in Finland. The cities and the motorways are fine, but the local roads that are not in cities have strange yellow road markings. In reality the middle line should be white and it should be more sparse. The way that the road markings in Finland work is that when overtaking is not allowed there are 2 yellow continuous lines in the middle and usually before those areas there is a yellow line like the one in-game but not for too long distance. So basically the markings in-game indicate that there will be a no overtaking zone soon but there never is. I don't want to complain, I just want to help you guys out to make it more realistic. :)
Incorrect Road Markings.jpg
The incorrect road markings
Incorrect Road Markings.jpg (182.74 KiB) Viewed 2615 times

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Apr 2014 08:45

Thanks for your suggestions. We will look into it and see what we can improve ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Nissantruck

25 Apr 2014 11:08

Hello!/Päivää!
The text accompanying with the images you can see what kind of roads and road markings are in use in Finland and these are only just examples of the road markings and what the roads in Finland usually are.I mean the roads in Finland do not look the same in every place but usually they are the same as in the pictures.And the amount of road lanes in Finland can vary,
between 1 to 4 lanes and usually the capital city area of Helsinki you can see up to 4 lane roads but in other places of the country the lane amount is 1 to 2 lanes and again i mean usually.
Attachments
3 Lane Road Kehä 1..jpg
3 Lane Road Kehä 1.
3 Lane Road Kehä 1..jpg (39.73 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
2 Lane Road in Vantaa..jpg
2 Lane Road in Vantaa Kehä 3.
2 Lane Road in Vantaa..jpg (189.13 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
1 Lane road..jpg
1 Lane Road.
1 Lane road..jpg (96.04 KiB) Viewed 2564 times

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

LoaderSaints

25 Apr 2014 12:22

Nissantruck wrote:Hello!/Päivää!
The text accompanying with the images you can see what kind of roads and road markings are in use in Finland and these are only just examples of the road markings and what the roads in Finland usually are.I mean the roads in Finland do not look the same in every place but usually they are the same as in the pictures.And the amount of road lanes in Finland can vary,
between 1 to 4 lanes and usually the capital city area of Helsinki you can see up to 4 lane roads but in other places of the country the lane amount is 1 to 2 lanes and again i mean usually.
In the first pic the rightmost lane is for turning only, so the road is still 2 actual lanes wide. And I have never seen a 4 lane road in Finland, so there must be a few of them. Though Kehä III has 3 actual lanes in some parts I think...

ArskaF
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2014 14:17

Nice work!
Nice to have more roads to drive ;)

Nissantruck

25 Apr 2014 16:26

LoaderSaints wrote:
Nissantruck wrote:Hello!/Päivää!
In the first pic the rightmost lane is for turning only, so the road is still 2 actual lanes wide. And I have never seen a 4 lane road in Finland, so there must be a few of them. Though Kehä III has 3 actual lanes in some parts I think...
Hello! Päivää!
The first picture/pictures was a example of the roads in Finland and the lane in the picture is a long lane as well as the lanes are long in the other pictures in this message.I drive roads in Vantaa and Helsinki all the time.
You can find 4 lane roads in Finland for example VT4/E75 in Viikki and that is in Helsinki and that place is near the,
place where the E75 road/freeway ends and the road becomes a two lane road before city center of Helsinki.
And it is the same place where the E75 freeway stars/ends.
Also you can see 3 lane roads in Vantaa for example near the Airport in the Kehä 3 road.
But you can only see few 4 lane roads in Finland because we have only a small amount of 4 lane roads in here in few places,
and for example the capital city area near Helsinki.
Ps.The road lanes continue/persist for a long time outside the images.
Attachments
E75 Helsinki Viikki 4 Lanes..jpg
4 long lanes road E75.
E75 Helsinki Viikki 4 Lanes..jpg (60.05 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
E75 Helsinki Near Viikki 4 Lanes..jpg
4 long lanes road E75.
E75 Helsinki Near Viikki 4 Lanes..jpg (32.05 KiB) Viewed 2462 times

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Purno
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2014 05:59

That looks like 3 lanes + 1 exit lane to me. ;)

LoaderSaints

26 Apr 2014 10:21

Purno wrote:That looks like 3 lanes + 1 exit lane to me. ;)
I agree, in Finland there are some rather long exit lanes in some places for example on Kehä III near Vantaanportti / Jumbo Shopping Center.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information