British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2017 08:22

Sweet, more of a scenery location than an actual 'hub' of industry then?
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

Nealmac1978
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2017 10:24

People are seriously expecting a lot. On a continent the size of Europe, are people actually aware of just how tiny these islands are by comparison? Personally I'd rather if the team just worked on the mainland, the UK, and Ireland, and leave the little islands alone. Also, when scaled down to game size there will be little of nothing left to warrant doing the islands at all.

Callipso
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2017 21:05

I don't find they are so small that you cannot appreciate them. I'm not sure what comparison your getting at, most of the islands and groups of islands are large enough that one could drive around on them and explore a bit while delivering their cargo to them. Also, towns and cities are at a different scale than the rest of the map so there will be something to see in most cases. No they won't be overly large, most of the cities on the map are not very large either.

I find the Island parts of the map to be the best scenery wise, very nice and majestic places and usually fairly close to reality in some cases.

TescoclubcardUK

21 Feb 2017 22:15

Did any of the developers see my post about adding Tilbury as a small dock town? It's expanding to be a very large distribution centre for the south east of the UK, was wondering if this would be considered to added.

Claus62

21 Feb 2017 23:06

@Nealmac1978:
Isn't that the magic of our Europe? Even small parts matter. Your taoiseach"s (if you want to know how that word is pronounced just think of inviting a shark for tea: tea-shark) voice counts as much in the council as our Bundeskanzler's. Same here: Probably my only chance to ever drive across Jersey, Man and the Orkneys is on ProMods so I welcome that just as much as one day exploring the Emerald Isle - so let's celebrate our diversity (while we still can) - and that means that I'd want to see San Marino, Monaco, Gibraltar and Vatican City one day (the latter one might be the most difficult to do realistically, given the fact that it is less difficult for a tourist to spend a night in North Korea than in Vatican City)

gmtavares

21 Feb 2017 23:17

Claus62 wrote:@Nealmac1978:
(the latter one might be the most difficult to do realistically, given the fact that it is less difficult for a tourist to spend a night in North Korea than in Vatican City)
Just make a "vatican (musem) wharehouse" company, and add a small border gate ;) The vatican still needs deliveries.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

sikejsudjek
Donation rank:

22 Feb 2017 01:28

More channel Islands please :D The Islands are great.

Nealmac1978
Donation rank:

22 Feb 2017 16:16

Claus62 wrote:@Nealmac1978:
Isn't that the magic of our Europe? Even small parts matter. Your taoiseach"s (if you want to know how that word is pronounced just think of inviting a shark for tea: tea-shark) voice counts as much in the council as our Bundeskanzler's. Same here: Probably my only chance to ever drive across Jersey, Man and the Orkneys is on ProMods so I welcome that just as much as one day exploring the Emerald Isle - so let's celebrate our diversity (while we still can) - and that means that I'd want to see San Marino, Monaco, Gibraltar and Vatican City one day (the latter one might be the most difficult to do realistically, given the fact that it is less difficult for a tourist to spend a night in North Korea than in Vatican City)
I'm not saying it can't be done. But I don't think tiny little islands like the Shetlands should be prioritised if it slows down the overall release.

Oh, and our taoiseach (actually we pronounce it "tea-shock") is a complete pillock, who's voice shouldn't even count in Ireland, let alone Europe :lol:

Vøytek
Developer

22 Feb 2017 16:52

Nealmac1978 wrote: I'm not saying it can't be done. But I don't think tiny little islands like the Shetlands should be prioritised if it slows down the overall release.
It didn't slow down anything.
We have devs working on a few areas around the UK. Small islands just took much less time to finish, obviously ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

YNM

22 Feb 2017 17:29

Nealmac1978 wrote:I'm not saying it can't be done. But I don't think tiny little islands like the Shetlands should be prioritised if it slows down the overall release.
If anything, they should be a bit easier (and a better exercise) for the devs (or anyone in learning, really) to make - isolated island(s) not linked to any built areas. Look up the start of ProMods Iceland, as well as Isle of Man, Orkney, Skye, Faroe, West Estonian - all are just "about" as small as the other - and you can see who probably started them (often new devs or people willing to learn) ;)

Now, Guernsey, Isle of Wight, Shetland, Aland, Gotland, who would take interest in them ? :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information