Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Aug 2014 22:24

RemcoM97 wrote:first I have to say is that the work you guys do is amazing. But I have one other question. I have already asked if you are going to include this kind of German signs: http://www.autobahn-bilder.de/images/A1 ... 110041.JPG
My other question about signs is: I'm just back from my holiday and I saw a lot of signs like this and I think it's very cool and a great detail when you are going to include this kind of German sign: http://data6.blog.de/media/550/4758550_ ... 607_m.jpeg ;)
1. We are planning to add them, but we first have to wait until the new Sign Editor wants to co-operate (thus far, it doesn't really do a good job, especially in accepting fonts) :cry:
2. I think we do need some proper roadworks prefabs for that to make it work. Indeed, what would Germany be without Baustellen?
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2014 22:34

realdeal350 wrote:On the first picture on the previous page, there are wind turbines in the water.
Correct, they're standing on sandbars, which are submerged most of the time. The company which built them also built our offshore wind turbines for the now infamous ElectraWinds consortium. :lol:
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

realdeal350
Developer

03 Aug 2014 22:55

Jan Verschueren wrote:
realdeal350 wrote:On the first picture on the previous page, there are wind turbines in the water.
Correct, they're standing on sandbars, which are submerged most of the time. The company which built them also built our offshore wind turbines for the now infamous ElectraWinds consortium. :lol:
So they're there in real life. Interesting.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Purno
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2014 07:16

I have a question about those 100m / 200m / 300m exit signs on the German Autobahns.

At the moment, I've only used them in situations like this;
Where I use the start of the decelleration lane as 0m point.

But, should I also use them in the following cases;

-----

When there's no added decelleration lane. One of the Autobahns lanes is taking the exit. If I should use these signs here, what's the 0m point?

-----

When the exit leads to another Autobahn. (Typically at an Autobahnkreuz). And if so, should every exit, including the one to the parallel lane, have these signs?

-----

Thanks for your help!

LoaderSaints

04 Aug 2014 07:28

realdeal350 wrote:
Jan Verschueren wrote:
So they're there in real life. Interesting.
There are wind turbines out in the sea too. That is an ideal place for them since the terrain is flat and it is windy there. Also they are far away from settlements which reduces noise pollution.

Karloe

04 Aug 2014 07:48

Purno wrote:I have a question about those 100m / 200m / 300m exit signs on the German Autobahns.

At the moment, I've only used them in situations like this;
Where I use the start of the decelleration lane as 0m point.
That's correct
But, should I also use them in the following cases;
-----
When there's no added deceleration lane. One of the Autobahns lanes is taking the exit. If I should use these signs here, what's the 0m point?
at the turning point.
-----
When the exit leads to another Autobahn. (Typically at an Autobahnkreuz). And if so, should every exit, including the one to the parallel lane, have these signs?
Only on the Main Autobahn, no need for them on the exit Lane with multiple exits, "You know You are on an exit-lane"
Thanks for your help!
Your Welcome :P

Purno
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2014 08:33

Thanks Karloe. How about Ausfahrt signs? Are those used for Autobahnkreuz too?

RemcoM97

04 Aug 2014 09:22

Purno wrote:Thanks Karloe. How about Ausfahrt signs? Are those used for Autobahnkreuz too?
I thougt there aren't Ausfahrt signs for Autobahnkreuz. According to me there are only these red-white striped signs (so, forget about the Ausfahrt sign on the background ;) ) : http://snarkysmachine.files.wordpress.c ... sfahrt.jpg

Purno
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2014 10:48

RemcoM97 wrote:[According to me there are only these red-white striped signs
Ah, I gotta add those signs too. Lots of stuff still missing.

Anyways, a few WIP shots;

realdeal350
Developer

04 Aug 2014 11:35

Marvellous!
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information