Framedrop and lags since 1.9x

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
MrChaos
Donation rank:

07 Mar 2016 07:28

Hi there :)

I also have had alot of lag, fps drops, and sometimes the game freezes for a couple of seconds, I don't have a super fast pc, but eighter a super slow one, before reading the comment barry made, I was running about 80-90 fps on the motorway, freeway or what it's called in english (i'm a dane ;) ) and about 10-18 fps in the cities.
I'm using an evga geforce gtx 660ti oc sc 3gb gfx card, and when I read barry's comment on the target framerate, I thought that I have seen that function in the evga precision x, and I had, I turned that on 65 FPS, i'm not getting a full 65 fps all the time, but in the cities now I get from late 30's to late 50's depending on the size of the city.
My game don't freeze for seconds anymore, I got minor stutter when driving past some non scs content, but nothing like before.

i'm running the game in almost medium sittings, some are high, all the MLAA, HDR, DOF ets. are ticked off, scale at 125% and the filtering at max, and then I use : ETS_2_FX_2.0_by_VB : http://ets2mods.lt/ets-2-fx-v2-0/ to enhance the graphics a "little"

So for people that use evga cards there is a possibility to do the same as the people that uses ATI cards

Thanks for reading my comment, and have a great day :)

my full pc spec

AMD FX6300 six-core 3,5GHz but running at 3,8GHz without OC
8 Gb corsair vengeance 1600 ram
no ssd hdd
evga GeForce gtx 660ti OC SC 3Gb
Corsair 650 Watt PSU
PackardBell Maestro223DXL monitor

Callipso
Donation rank:

09 Apr 2016 03:21

Only two places have I ever found serious drops in fps. Munich, which is understandably large and dense. though I find my computer starting to skip frames when driving through the city. almost fell to 10 fps at one point, which is incredible considering my system specs, The other location I found my computer crawling and skipping frames through was Krosno, Poland, the density of objects might have something do with it there, just could barely get out of the city without slowing to 12 fps.

Specs: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
6 sticks 4Gb G-Skill DDR-3 800mhz Quad Channel (24GB total)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 w 2GB GDDR5 memory

can usually handle almost anything I throw at my machine without it slowing at all so I run at highest settings all the time. I could lower my settings though I find it doesn't help anything until I'm at lowest settings then the frame rate for those places picks up to about 20 fps. still slow.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

09 Apr 2016 08:16

The 2 Gb vram could be the issue also your videocard compared to processor is a bottleneck

I need infor about screen resolution and scaling
Any truck/interior mods?
32bit or 64bit?
As usual always attach your game log it'll gives us a lot of valuable information

Check vram usage with eg nvidia inspector in game
Munich seems to be ok in current WIP

Going from Bergen to Oslo there's some places in Vanilla eg at tunnels which causes some folks issues we haven't touch that area much
How is your rig running if you take the above trip?
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Callipso
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2016 21:19

I'm not sure what would resolve said bottleneck for my system though really find no problems for most all games. perhaps this maybe a hickup from that slow bottleneck though its a possibility.

yes, I do usually drive at 1920/1080 at 60hz the native resolution for my monitor
400% scalaing and find no drops or problems 60 fps in most areas, unless I approach an area with lots of stuff around such as Munich, Stockholm or a construction site with lots of objects such as Krosno. I usually then set the scale back to 69% default to get through the area.

64 bit here I don't bother with 32 bit applications any longer.

note: this log is just the most recent I have a trip from Pskov, Russia to Brest, France. didn't include going through Munich.

I'll check the vram usage taking the route from Oslo to Bergen and see what comes up. Though I think I didn't find too much difficulty in Norway last few times I was there.

Edit: decided to just go ahead and buy a new GeForce GTX 980 Ti, seems to have fixed most significant lags for me. no real big drops in most any section of the map now.

Ranchester
Donation rank:

30 Jun 2016 16:17

After 1.24 and new Promods, the lags have increased. :x What did SCS do in the newest update, its really laggy now. Berlin, Warzawa, etc. is almost unplayable now. It used to run much better.

pixza.yaoita
Donation rank:

01 Jul 2016 09:51

got the same issue for me.
TD;LR: for some weird reason, I found that OpenGL backend now runs faster than DX9 now :?:

I have a computer which is Xeon E3-1231 v3 with GTX760 (VRAM 2GB) and 16GB system RAM
and install/runs on Intel 530 SSD 240GB.
as all way through, I can turn up to max setting (w/o MLAA because I don't like it) and on scale 300%
it'll even lag in the new cities like Frankfurt and new Stockholm, but the rest would give me some fps at least 3X (in city) to 7X~11X (on highway)

after "later build" of 1.23, ETS2 started stuttering like hell
as now as 1.24 with ProMods 2.03, the game is almost unplayable under DX9.
for example, when I was in Innsbruck with a Mercedes New-Actros, I will get only 18~30 fps
wheel shows in game turns really, laggy.

back to Vanilla, I got about "only" 30~40 fps in city and 60~70 on road (but looks playable :P)
as I said before, if I can got 7X~11X on the highway in old version with ProMods, then now the game engine must looks broken.

surprisingly OpenGL is not that awful,
while in-game material loading is apparently slower than DX9 and runs lower fps than old version with DX9,
at least it runs much smoother than the broken state in DX9 now...
Driver Lv.49
Drive distance: 156,975 km
Map discovered: 51.81% (pre-2.00) --> 74.40%

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197976553449]Image[/url]
a pizza can talk, move and play games. no, don't expect more from this thing. :P

LoaderSaints

01 Jul 2016 13:17

Could also be caused by Nvidia drivers as I had some problems with Nvidia drivers on Windows 10 (with a GTX670) as suddenly every single one of my games just became unplayable so I am still using older drivers from February this year. :P

pixza.yaoita
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2016 17:13

umm, as you said, I truly play on Win10 (even on an Insider build) and have my driver installed as 368.22 (released 05/22)
but other games are runs well on this rig as for now (tried Cities Skyline, CSGO and some emulators)
so I don't understand what causes trouble :(

some screenshots with g_minicon and g_fps on, are those number "looks right" as you see?

near Frankfurt airport
in city of Pecs
"infamous" Stockholm ring road area
Driver Lv.49
Drive distance: 156,975 km
Map discovered: 51.81% (pre-2.00) --> 74.40%

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197976553449]Image[/url]
a pizza can talk, move and play games. no, don't expect more from this thing. :P

DanielLGAraújo

16 Jul 2016 15:57

Hello everyone,

I got the same problem here.

Used to play somooth with ultra settings till the 1.22 version of ETS2.

Now with 1.24, without any mods installed, my FPS waves about 25-60, high preset settings and with v-sync on, wich is 'playable', but still not what i was used to in the past.

When i get Promods into the game, my FPS waves from 8 to 15 FPS, wich is symply unplayable. Also, changing video quality settings makes no difference at all, FPS is still around 10 even with the lowest settings possible.

I checked file integrity, uninstalled the game, erased everything related to it from my drives, cleaned windows registry for anything related to ETS2, reinstalled the game, new profile, and found the same result.

Last Resort will be reinstalling windows and see what happens.

My Rig:

FX 8350 Stock Speeds
Asrock 970 Pro3 V2
Windforce R9 280X Stock Speeds
2x4GB Patriot Extreme Masters DDR3 @ 1600MHZ
All drivers are up to date.

All other games run fine, i even play Arma III at Ultra Settings and get 30-45 FPS.

NUFC88

02 Aug 2016 13:19

Hello everyone!

First of all, i am sorry for my bad english! I just get started to learn it...

I am also having huge problems with fps using ProMods 2.0.3 and Rusmap 1.6.3.

In all towns what cames into Rusmap my fps is close to 15 or even lover. Some towns are not that bad and game runs in 20+ fps in there (what is not good at all, but still playable), but others are looks like nightmare: fps drops to 8-10 in some parts of towns. Same thing goes on ProMods territory (some towns and roads). I tryed to low down graphic settings, but it useless: if some place ruins my fps to 10, it dont have any differense from ultra-low to ultra-high settings, so i feel like nothing i can do about it.

In default game without any mods or even on modded game without ProMods and Rusmap (i tryed to use Mhapro map) works well and runs at 26 fps MINIMUM in hard places. I also dont have any problems with other games like Witcher 3 or GTA V, i can run them in high-ultra setting and get 40 fps minimum. I am using newest drivers and temperatures of my devices are in normal area. So i really dont understand why ETS 2 with ProMods and Rusmap is running so bad.

I like ProMods and Rusmap and want to play with them, but whis fps troubles really make game barely unplayable.

Is there a way to increase the fps?

My rig:
Intel i5 2300 (works on 3200-3300 gz);
12gb RAM;
GeForce 970 GTX 4Gb;
Win 10.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information