Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 May 2016 21:23

As I mentioned before, we have extremely little space there, and even less in the next version. The BAB44 is too short and therefore it will connect to the E40 instead of the BAB44; there is no way we can decently build an interchange between the BAB4 and BAB44 without complete ruin the landscape... if we can fit it at all.

There are more of these "compromises" on the map. For instance, the BAB24 connects at the interchange where actually the BAB25 should connect, but the actual interchange design for the BAB24 doesn't fit at all in that location. The A73 in the Netherlands connects to the A2 at Maastricht, because there was no space to make it connect further north, so the interchange for the A2×A79 is used instead. Which brings us back to the same area where we started this discussion: in this particular area, the scale is really killing. Heck, we can't even make a proper connection to the E42 at Verviers, because the German border is right after the Cheratte interchange near Liège. We have that little space to work with.

Well, theoretically, we can add in all those interchanges, but the landscape would be completely off, because the terrain would have to make room voor all those interchanges, which in turn makes the map look horrible in the end. And we rather have a map that looks good than a map that has all the roads at the right location, but looks like crap.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

19 May 2016 21:28

MandelSoft wrote: Well, theoretically, we can add in all those interchanges, but the landscape would be completely off, because the terrain would have to make room voor all those interchanges, which in turn makes the map look horrible in the end. And we rather have a map that looks good than a map that has all the roads at the right location, but looks like crap.
I can only agree on this
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

28 May 2016 01:50

Hey, I know this might not have the priority, bit have you planned to rebuild the Ruhrgebiet?
I know you guys did that but I'm not happy with the way Dortmund and stuff looks like. The cities don't have enough roads in my opinion... and Dortmund is too difficult to get to from the A44... It goes into Dortmund in RL... well, technically the B1 goes through it, but the road continues.

Also, Cologne is a very nice city... have you planned to expand it, or isn't there enough space or something?

Sry, my questions are very dumb in my opinion :oops: , so I won't bother you any longer
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

ScuL
Founder

28 May 2016 04:03

We won't do any work in the Ruhrgebiet before the rest of the ARP is finished, then maybe we will revisit it.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 10:41

Indeed, first we want to do the other areas.

However rebuilding the Ruhr is high on my list though ;)

Currently it still contains the default SCS cities. If we rebuild it we can probably create a better highway structure with the towns build between them.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Doug Thompson

31 May 2016 18:19

Question, what cities are in the Ruhr area?

Vøytek
Developer

31 May 2016 18:25

The ten largest cities of the Ruhr (according to Wikipedia):
1. Dortmund
2. Essen
3. Duisburg
4. Bochum
5. Gelsenkirchen
6. Oberhausen
7. Hagen
8. Hamm
9. Herne
10. Mülheim an der Ruhr
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhr

Only 2-4 will fit on the map I think because we all want complex highway system, right? ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

M4rkus

31 May 2016 20:57

Nice that a rebuild of the Ruhr area is considered, too. The area is quite nice already in terms of highway structure but there's room for improvement in the cities as said - and I think, it would be nice to also have a secondary street (Bundesstraße) going through it to make the long-stretched urban area more visible. From the highway it looks like a jungle rather than a huge agglomeration. (Just as in reality! When I went through that area, it reminded me of Promods :))

If there's a rebuild planned, this might pose an opportunity to include Essen - the biggest omit in Germany and a rather unnecessary one, too. Perhaps it could be made possible if Oberhausen was a bit downsized. Its structure including that large detour area ("Umleitung") is rather strange as well. Well, you might remember me having asked for Essen already and I thought this might be another opportunity. Hope you don't mind ;)

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

04 Jun 2016 11:39

Hey guys. I know you want to finish the areas before you add new ones, but here's a concept map for the Sauerland:

As the plan with the A46 wasn't possible,due to space, I thought this was a bit better to do.

You could add a street from the exit Büren (which is, BTW the otherway round(exits are on the other sides)and has a roundabout), down to a junction, where a city can be located (not working(like "Uelzen" on B71)). I would say like... Korbach, Medeberg or Winterberg. That's (obviously) where the big red arrow is.This street can go on to the other exit in game, on the A45.

You also can connect the other street on that junction to the exit Zierenberg, in the picture on the right. This street might go on into the Ruhrgebiet, as the community discussed this in the topic lately (Rebuilding Ruhrgebiet).

The other arrow is for maybe another small town.
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

millahjovich

06 Jun 2016 12:30

The plan you've made looks ambitious and well made! Hopefully more or less will be done ;)

Btw, this also means you're planning to build Zwolle and Arnhem?
Telephone Conference Calling ||Conference Calling ||WP Chat
Last edited by millahjovich on 17 Jun 2016 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Hello i am Millah

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information