ProMods 2.01

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2016 00:04

@jasper

RusMap disappeared for me when I installed PM2.01 ... still trying to fix it; I read that it works for others so should be able to repair whatever I did wrong.

Would you be willing to share your mod load order (either from the scs file or a screen dump)? This is probably a foolish error on my part, just would like to check my load order against one that really works.

<LATER>

Got RusMap back -- think it was a mod order error. When I've tested some more I will post the mod order that seems to work for me, for the Whole Enchilada: PM 2.01, Balkans, RusMap, ROS (I've dropped Egypt).

Saw the infamous openGL font bug once already. will try to reproduce.

Looks like many Iceland bugs are fixed, thanks so much devs, now I can go back to Iceland at last! The "floating ribbons of snow" now have solid rock under them, and no crashes in the first couple of villages on the way to Reykjavik.

Did see one crash when I asked the Job Market list to sort by a different parameter (trip length I think) -- insta crash to desktop. will try to reproduce... but am far more interested in that trip to Iceland :-)
Last edited by RootlessAgrarian on 05 Mar 2016 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

jasper

05 Mar 2016 11:48

Good to know that works fine for you , the load order of mods are in Readme file of rusmap mod.
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2016 07:40

'Scuse the all-caps, but I am wowed, have just been having the best ETS2 session ever -- finally able to drive around Iceland on a fine summer day -- stunning scenery, no crashes, huge props to the devs!

Iceland is totally freakin' awesome. Great snow textures, beach and water textures, remarkable scenic beauty. It's been a slow journey because I keep switching into Photo mode to take travel pics :-)

Bouquets of virtual roses to the devs.
USBcycle

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2016 07:51

OK, having just raved madly and sincerely about Iceland, I'm gonna pick a couple of nits (which may be SCS issues for all I know, but might be worthy of PM consideration too).

Realism is everything in a good sim -- not jarring the player out of that blissful suspension of disbelief, that's essential. There are three minor issues that I think could add subtly yet significantly to the realism if resolved...

1) peds in the Faroes and Iceland are wearing summer street clothes, even at night! couldn't those poor freezing AI peds have a bit of winter clothing? when I see the generic female ped walking down a road in Iceland at 4am in a light blouse and short skirt, I feel like I should call some kind of emergency services :-)

2) buildings seem to be fully lit at night, i.e. every single window is lit in roadside houses, hotels, etc -- even at 3AM. this is unrealistic and for me undermines the illusion, reminding me that it's a model. could some algorithm be used to light random windows, with a probability that diminishes sharply after midnight to near zero between 3am and dawn? or is it just my game that does this? (for me all AI headlights are also on all the time, day and night).

3) surf is problematic in places, I've seen some "waves rolling in" coastline where there is a sharp and obvious blink as the wave loop recycles. this is a bit jarring in otherwise exquisitely realistic shorelines. is there any way to soften this, say by heavy blurring at the splice point?

These are petty quibbles, I know. The pettiness of these quibbles is testimony to the incredible craftsmanship of the ETS2 open world. There just isn't much left to nitpick about!
USBcycle

ScuL
Founder

06 Mar 2016 08:38

The 3 issues you mention are hard to fix

#1 mover are the most complex models in the game and changing clothes also means changing the model, this is very complicated for pedestrians
#2 this is common at any place in the map, an algorithm unfortunately doesn't exist
#3 again the waves are generated by a specific object that only does them in a straight line (and a loop).
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

07 Mar 2016 02:19

@ScuL

Thanks for the civil reply to my annoying nitpicking. If these are hard to fix, then it's a far better use of dev time to expand the maps and/or fix more important bugs. I was hoping they might be trivial fixes, like "generate alternate sets of peds selected by latitude" or whatever. But they are not worth major effort. I'd far rather have Spain and Italy!

These little niggles don't detract a whole lot from the sheer awesomeness of PM+ETS2. I say again, huge props to the devs.
USBcycle

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information