Development on version 1.x (a part of Scotland)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2015 17:41

I indeed don´t think that the current version of ETS2 has the right programming to add that.. It would be a great addition though!
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2015 17:44

In the next update we will have climate zones pr map section, let's see how far SCS have come
It would make sense with time zones too
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Superdavecan

12 Jan 2015 18:50

plykkegaard wrote:
In the next update we will have climate zones pr map section, let's see how far SCS have come
It would make sense with time zones too
If the climate zones and possibly seasons are planned by SCS, that's a great thing. I wish the seasons would change as well as the times of sunrise and sunset.

I do remember asking about the time zones once... wasn't possible, but maybe it's something else SCS has in mind. I fully agree, the UK should be one hour behind and Finland should be one hour ahead (with regards to the countries that currently exist on a released ProMods map). I have an idea how this might be possible with ferry and Channel Tunnel connections... for example, the journey time on the Channel Tunnel train is 35 minutes. Perhaps the journey time from Folkestone to Calais should be changed to 1 h 35 min (to simulate going ahead one time zone), and if it's possible to do this, the journey time from Calais to Folkestone should be -25 min (to simulate going back one time zone). I don't know how that would work with land borders though... SCS would have to come up with a solution for that.

I don't know if it's possible to have a negative time like that... or indeed if the opposite directions of the journey could have different times. I'm guessing they have to be the same, but it's worth checking out. I'd also find it more realistic if the ferries only went at scheduled times, rather than being able to take it at any time of the day, as soon as you arrive. Again, something SCS would have to do.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2015 19:01

All of that would mean there would be 2 times in-game: solar time and standard time. When crossing a border, there wouldn't be any changes in the sun's position, nor solar time. But official would have changed, affecting deadlines and driving times?

Anyway, more work for SCS ;)

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2015 19:02

Real time zones might not be feasible
But different hours for sunset/sunrise might be

Below is a snippet from current default settings
The 5 hours is the duration for the night time

Code: Select all

sun_profile : default.nice.sun.01 {
 start_hour: 23
 end_hour: 4
 temperature: 1
 temperature[0]: 15
 skybox_texture: 1
 skybox_texture[0]: "/model/skybox/sky_22-4.tobj"
Next step before real climate is control of the moon's cyclus I'd expect that is not going to happen in this version

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

12 Jan 2015 20:12

I'd love to see time zones in the game as much as anyone else would, because it makes the experience a bit closer to realistic driving. It would be a shame if they (SCS) can't add that.

And someone mentioned about the sun moving at the border: doesn't happen. In the border FYROM - Greece the sun didn't move an inch.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

kallejre

12 Jan 2015 20:43

plykkegaard wrote:

What is effecr of changing temperature: 1 and skybox_texture: 1?
Can we have in theory changing temperature and sky yexture? Has anybody tryed it yet?

When SCS would add seansons, we will run into problem, what is the lenght of one season? Week, two or 12 weeks? Also about time zones, should route advisor ETA and job information use local time or current time?

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2015 20:57

kallejre wrote:Has anybody tryed it yet?
Climate pr sector is not live yet hopefully it'l be there in the next update from SCS

You can read a little at the SCS blog
Go down a couple of paragraphs

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2015 10:56

You can already change alot in the weather data but it will be for the complete map however.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2015 17:44

plykkegaard wrote:Real time zones might not be feasible
But different hours for sunset/sunrise might be

Below is a snippet from current default settings
The 5 hours is the duration for the night time

Next step before real climate is control of the moon's cyclus I'd expect that is not going to happen in this version
Is it easy to change the day-night circle? Personnaly I think the night is way to short! I mean, sunset at 23:00 and sunrise at 4:00? I don't know about the other countries but in Belgium the shortest day of the year starts around 5:00 and end around 22:00! If it's easy to change can you explain me how I have to do it?
#JeSuisCharlie

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information