Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

28 May 2015 22:09

I think it will be a bit difficult to make those decorations to a tunnel. As i remember, don't think it has been done before like that. Btw, it looks really nice
LInköping's Egg looks fantastic :D
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

28 May 2015 22:23

One thing I noticed today while playing that might be overlooked during this merge of Stockholm: At the harbor (Nynashavn I believe) there are Swedish, European and Polish flags (since in vanilla it only connects to Poland, not Finland). Don't forget to add Finnish flags there as well :)

Horizon™
Developer

28 May 2015 22:28

Hmm..It is like add in Sweden-Finland ferry a German flag.... I don't think what Finland-Poland ferry actually exist,only like I know - Sweden - Poland ferry :)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

28 May 2015 22:31

I just checked on google maps, and you're right. The Stockholm-Turku ferry is at Ostermalm (Where Promods built the harbor in their Stockholm).

I stand corrected

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 May 2015 08:12

Ostpuff wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the new Söderlänken with new fancy tunnel models?
Looks great! Will you be making Rv73 to Nynäshamn as well? Like a proper highway instead of that country road?
And is the signage new or is it the same as before?
Nynashamn had to be moved for this (also because one connection in Stockholm has been removed to give the merging lane between Västerberga and Årsta.
The signage is the same as before for now. I need to make new sign templates for that first before I can apply the new signage.
Ostpuff wrote:And just one thing about the tunnels:
Tunnel models look good but maybe add some decorations to the exits like in real life? Doesn't have to be anything special but just something to spice up the tunnel a little because otherwise it looks a bit dull.
Real life exit to Rv73
Aiaiaiai, that will be hard to model. I actually modeled the exit to the Rv73 to exit 3 and not exit 4 of the Söderlänken.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

M4rkus

29 May 2015 10:41

Is it just me or do you build more frequently new assets than before? I've seen quite some scenic models in your recent presentations (Allianzarena, these tunnels, Ulm)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 May 2015 11:00

Well, I'm not the only guy who builds assets. Nico, Kutchek and M95 can also build some assets. It's not really the fact that I build more assets, but that the assets I recently build are more noticeable. I mean, a new tunnel model is much more notable than a new lamp post. And don't forget that all custom signage you see are also assets... a lot of new assets...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Ostpuff
Developer

29 May 2015 12:29

MandelSoft wrote:Aiaiaiai, that will be hard to model. I actually modeled the exit to the Rv73 to exit 3 and not exit 4 of the Söderlänken.
Well I didn't mean that exact thing but rather just anything that would make the tunnels less gray and dull. Just a suggestion though! If it isn't possible, so be it! The tunnel model looks good anyways.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Kobra2112

29 May 2015 14:37

Ostpuff, I imagine there would be a few logistical problems, especially from getting the game to run clean with a new prefab right there. We run the risk of needing even more custom prefabs than ProMods already has, which is quite a few as it is.

I mean, how many are we up to now, the thousands? I imagine with ARP and BRP especially.

And let's not bring up the old ghost of the rebuilding of Antwerpen...
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Ostpuff
Developer

29 May 2015 14:58

I meant more like a model, but it doesn't matter. It was just a suggestion. No need to continue this discussion.
I'm just glad for the new tunnel model, instead of that old orange one!
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information