Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Calhon

20 Feb 2016 21:37

Hey,

No, if you read above, or maybe I hadn't stated clearly enough, my game stops responding and closes when I attempt to add a city in.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

20 Feb 2016 23:36

That why I suggested to try if you can copy and paste an existing city item. To see if making a brand new one is the trigger or something else.

Another thing you could try: could you change the assigned city to an existing city object? If it crashes, it might give us a clue in the game.log...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Calhon

22 Feb 2016 05:46

MandelSoft wrote:That why I suggested to try if you can copy and paste an existing city item. To see if making a brand new one is the trigger or something else.

Another thing you could try: could you change the assigned city to an existing city object? If it crashes, it might give us a clue in the game.log...

Making a new one appears to be it yes, I went into console to do edit usa, and was able to copy and paste one over... any idea on why?

Thanks

Calhon

22 Feb 2016 06:10

I can also make my own in usa.mbd ..? so.. does that mean, in order for me to make one, I have to be editing an already existant map? or?

EDIT1: And, that didn't work either.. hmmmm

EDIT2: Ayyeeee,

Alright, problem solved! I worked it out. I copied one of the cities from usa.mbd, over to another map, then saved it and put it into the scs file. Then I put it into my mod folder, ran the editor again, and now I can put it in! Thanks.. can finally continue what I was working on :)

Thankss
Last edited by tkk7406 on 22 Feb 2016 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the "Edit" button instead of posting multiple times

Gman912

01 Mar 2016 22:01

I have created a test map so I can then add on to my own map. When I go into the the map folder, it has the USA map and my test map. The problem is, I don't want to archive the USA map because I want my test map to be standalone. I've seen a video tutorial that the guy deletes the in game map rather it would be deleting the Europe files for ETS2 or the USA files for ATS. Can someone help me?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Mar 2016 23:37

The game will not give a damn if the USA map is in your base folder or not. As long as you keep it out of your SCS-pack, your map is perfectly fine stand-alone.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Gman912

03 Mar 2016 02:57

I have another question with the map editor. When I save my map and load it back up again, it doesn't show the progress I've done to the map. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Shiva

03 Mar 2016 03:10

It loads the game map and the maps you have in your mod folder. "if you use the 'edit usa' command on ATS, or 'edit europe' for ETS2"
It does not load the files from the base folder.
So you have to save the map you do, transfer/copy those to the mod folder in the right file structure.

As far as I know.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

09_KZ
Third Party Developer

04 Mar 2016 09:28

Good day!
1) Tell me whether it is possible to change the overall area of the card with respect to sea level? The fact that Kazakhstan is on the average height of ~ + 500 meters above sea level, and I have a lot less, and sometimes with a decrease in the height of textures, patterns are beginning to disappear, as I understand it is the boundary of the sea level?
2) Is there any way to fix the error navigator on a hidden road? (Navigator can not find the route)

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2016 23:16

In Blender I made a sign. Then I loaded up a sign from DLC Scandinavia to see what type of dummy node I had to add. It was something like "ML3[sign.246x88]" which I moved into my own sign model. I loaded up ETS2 and it worked fine EXCEPT the signs editable area was too small. So I tried renaming the dummy node to "ML3[sign.350x130]" (I assume the 2 numbers are the height and width of the editable areas, so I increased them) But now when I try to place this new model my game crashes.

This is the log. You can see it says "sign has no editable sign area" but it does have the dummy node (and when I set the dimensions of the name of the dummy to something very small this problem doesn't occur)

Code: Select all

00:00:47.639 : <ERROR> setup(): sign item has no editable sign areas!
00:00:47.772 : <ERROR> e:\build_bot\win_slave\final_build_ets2_122_dlcs_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections/arrays/arrays_base_impl.h(477): ??A?$array_t@Usign_area_info_t@prism@@@prism@@QEBAAEBUsign_area_info_t@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
00:01:03.689 : <ERROR> e:\build_bot\win_slave\final_build_ets2_122_dlcs_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections/arrays/arrays_base_impl.h(477): ??A?$array_t@V?$auto_ptr_t@Uarea_history_t@sign_editor_history_t@prism@@@prism@@@prism@@QEBAAEBV?$auto_ptr_t@Uarea_history_t@sign_editor_history_t@prism@@@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
And another question: Some signs have the dummy node named "ML1" while some have it named"ML3" what's the difference?
Last edited by penguinaz on 16 Mar 2016 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information