British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Vøytek
Developer

12 May 2016 18:47

Guernsey and Jersey are impossible to fit in my opinion. You can run the editor and try some things by yourself ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

AtripleN
Donation rank:

12 May 2016 19:03

The city in Jersey is only 10.6 KM2 and the one in Guernsey is 6.5 KM2, I think we can fit that in, and as for running the editor, i'll do that someday.

Tronni22

12 May 2016 19:18

I think the main cities, like he proposed, would fit okay. But only those and not the surrounding roads on Jersey and Guernsey.
- Dale, get out of the hot tub. We're stealing a news van.
- It's the perfect crime. How will they ever report it?

"It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, but it takes an even bigger man to give a giraffe a haircut"
Twitter @KeetPotato

AtripleN
Donation rank:

12 May 2016 20:37

I don't know really, I think that people really need to with editor for a bit, I think they could be able to, but it will be very tight. I mean if they managed to mod Andorra la Vella and Vaduz, this should only be a bit harder. I would really like to see what they can do with this and I hope ProMods starts working on this after ARP.

martinusK

12 May 2016 21:08

Islands are harder to fit since they're more noticeable when out-of-scale, also they're quite close to the French coast.
The only was i could see Jersey and Guernsey being implemented would be the cities only and tons of cut planes.

Running the editor and trying to fit something in should give you a good overview on it. My view on mapping changed forever when i actually first tried fitting stuff in.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

12 May 2016 22:43

AtripleN wrote:The city in Jersey is only 10.6 KM2 and the one in Guernsey is 6.5 KM2, I think we can fit that in, and as for running the editor, i'll do that someday.
It's not about if these cities are small enough; it's the question whether the surroundings are not too large. You see the most notable issues with scale in Belgium and the Netherlands, where big cities like Den Haag en Gent just don't fit because they are too close to another big city. The case of Vaduz and Andorra is not the same, since they are far from other larger cities. And also, since Vaduz is there, the larger city of Bregenz can't fit there anymore.

And another thing. you do seem to forget the time scale of our projects. ProMods published the first version of the mod back in August 2013, after 10 months of work. This means that ProMods is working on the map since October 2012. This means that everything you see in ProMods, is the product of 3½ years of work, and the ARP is now in development for over a year and with the release of 2.1 it will still not be done! Yes, the team has grown, and that can speed up the mapping pace, but our quality standards have also risen (compare the 1.0 version of Scandinavia with the ARP or Iceland and you'll see what I mean) which counters the gain in speed. We are also improving areas we previously worked on, which also slows down expansion. Heck, we even cancel or postpone projects to speed up the pace! (Why? Well, we don't want too many loose ends; it keeps us from publishing new versions of the mod.)

So, we are by far not done with mapping...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

KMCzFusions
Donation rank:

16 May 2016 20:45

When will this be released?

ETS2-User
Developer

16 May 2016 20:49

When it's ready.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Arexander
Donation rank:

16 May 2016 21:06

Voice line relevant (skip to 1:50):

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

17 May 2016 19:38

KMCzFusions wrote:When will this be released?
There is no "release". Each update of Promods will include a few new parts of the British Isles Edition. But not all of it at once.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information