Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2014 22:07

What does this mean? :lol:

ZelvaCZ

15 Nov 2014 22:10

Well, I like the project so far. Unluckily, my game still crashes in the modified parts of map whih are very detailed, and I have never visited Hamburg in ProMods because of that :(

Anyway, I believe it will be better on autobahns, because there is not a lot of details as in cities. :)
They really look cool, and I am looking forward to the distance signs :)

volan123
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2014 22:11

uk_daf_fan wrote:What does this mean? :lol:
I think it means county or district town (if my German serves me right :P)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

ZelvaCZ

15 Nov 2014 22:12

I think that capitals of each region are marked with this.. But I don't know German well, so I am not sure about it.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2014 22:13

Unlucky your game crashes; my laptop is pretty low end and struggles sometimes with ETS 2 but the game has never crashed due to lag for me, strangely.

I'm looking forward to the ARP. It will eradicate a huge part of boring, ancient SCS road, and will make the entire map a joy to drive. It gets full marks from me so far.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2014 22:25

Germany is divided into 'Kreis', like Kreis Düsseldorf or Kreis München for instance. Cities and towns in those 'Kreis' get the Kreisname underneath their cityname.
The Kreis is also responsible for the letter on German license plates, 'B' for Berlin.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2014 22:26

Thanks all for the explanation! It makes sense now. I'd like to see those signs too, like "county" markers in UK (wouldn't mind those too ;)). Downside is, due to scale, they'd appear one after another quite quickly on the Autobahn or Motorway.

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2014 22:30

Volleybal4life wrote:
Germany is divided into 'Kreis', like Kreis Düsseldorf or Kreis München for instance. Cities and towns in those 'Kreis' get the Kreisname underneath their cityname.
The Kreis is also responsible for the letter on German license plates, 'B' for Berlin.

And dependend on the Area the Citysigns could contain other stuff as well....like Hansestadt, wich since this or last year even can have Citys on it which where some time ago one......even if it does not make any sense these days for some of them....... :lol:

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2014 22:55

I'd love to see eastern Germany redone, not only the Berlin area but even down to Leipzig. That area is, in my opinion, the worst section of the map. The actual city of Dresden is surprisingly good, but everything else really should just be scrapped and built from scratch like Promods did in NW Germany. The road north of Berlin to Rostock was in my opinion the single worst road in the game, which sucks because if you go from Poland to the Nordics you have to drive it... although I think SCS fixed it of their own accord in 1.14, but I'm not sure since I'm sticking with 1.13 until Promods updates.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

16 Nov 2014 04:57

I think there are much worse Autobahns in the game than the ones in Eastern Germany. They've actually come out rather tolerable.

Autobahns 1, 4, 7 and 43 on the other hand are a dog's breakfast of repeated needlessly tight corners.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information