[REL] Realistic Russian highways, Better tr. flow and other mods

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
brainiac
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2017 00:59

From 1. page:
MandelSoft wrote:3. It is not easy to change the semaphore profile of an intersection. The tricky part is that the traffic lights are integrated in the intersection prefab itself. This is also the reason why some intersections lack traffic lights altogether. In the prefab data, the traffic lights are all defined by dummy models. Each of these dummy models has a position, rotation and more importantly, the name of the traffic light profile it references to and the ID of the traffic light from said profile. This implies that in order to change the assignment of a traffic light profile to a prefab, you have to change the prefab itself in order to do so. And if you don't know how to do that (you'll need ZModeler for this or Blender Tools + conversion tool), it will be a pain.
Now I can say that I learned how to change semaphore profiles in Zmodeler and I assume that it will be over for 1-2 weeks.
MandelSoft wrote:Or you need to rebuild them all and add even more prefabs to also provide the transitions at the start of the turning lanes. You might not want to open this can of worms...
I survived first pain. Maybe one day I will open can of worms, who know? I want to do it now, but it is too early.

About progress in Hungary, after finishing M3 and extensions, I started to work around Szeged. I replace FLD prefabs with new Promods' and rebuilt SCS' interchange, but because of prefabs with semaphores which I need to use, I frozen work until finishing them. Then I need to rebuild only 4 interchanges and that is all with Hungary.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

kamikazee54

03 Feb 2017 19:17

so new version of hungary will be after you finish szeged?

brainiac
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2017 22:18

Szeged is almost finish, just to decide which prefab to use on 2 crossroads, very small job.
New version will be after I finished separating semaphore profile. I learned technique, rest is mechanic work, but on ton of prefabs.

EDIT:
First results of separating semaphore profiles: On t crossroad, in direction for straight and left, duraton of green is finaly as it should be.
SCS semaphore profile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6NJ_eqgVRw
My old semaphore profile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vGBCXFiMhU
My new semaphore profile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSGspW3ICus
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

gmtavares

03 Feb 2017 22:23

From SCS's profile to your old one, the difference is clear as water, and it is way better.
From your old profile to your new one, I can not see much of an improvement, but overall it seems more fluid and better.
Hope to see your work improving as it has been doing!
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

brainiac
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2017 22:50

gmtavares wrote:From your old profile to your new one, I can not see much of an improvement, but overall it seems more fluid and better.
It means that old profile is good too, but new is a bit better.
You will see what is difference when I arrive to ew prefabs (e.g. visit Frankfurt airport).
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Feb 2017 00:49

Sorry, but I don't see how this is realistic. From a traffic engineer's standpoint, your cycle times are now way too long and you can get severe queuing and it may even lead to unsafe situations in real life due to people starting to disobey the traffic lights.
Conflict-free setups only work if your lane layout allows it.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

brainiac
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2017 02:27

I will think about reducing duration of greens. You are right, not so rare I saw queues, but don't have bigger problems with it, except e.g. around Frankfurt airport, but cause of that isn't duration, but bad semaphore profiles. As you are lead developer, I will probably reduce duration of green for public, but not for private use, because I like current situation.
I won't give up from conflict-free setups because it is only way for more or less fast left turning with high traffic. After setting it, my drives are significantly faster.
If you want, I can record in Belgrade examples of conflict-free setups without lane for left, but not where green wave force it.
Anyway, thank you for critics, earlier you were quiet.
EDIT:
brainiac wrote:Land-2 crossroad prefabs, with lane for left turn have problem: If access has left lane, AI use only it and only turn left. Is there any fix?
If no, 2-3 weeks later I will start editing prefabs, mostly for changing semaphore profiles and can someone help me how to fix this problem?
I will fix it and include in changed prefabs pack.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

brainiac
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2017 01:46

MandelSoft, I want to inform you that FLD wants to I send him back his prefabs with renamed semaphore profiles, and ofcourse new semaphore profiles.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

gmtavares

06 Feb 2017 20:34

Ad this project keeps improving, once it reaches a higher standard, I can't wait to see it in the official loading order. It took me ages to find the correct one even with the one in the readme file!
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

brainiac
Donation rank:

06 Feb 2017 22:08

Yes, lot of maps => many possibilities.
But if you put better traffic flow *** right above original ***, and give other my mods high priority, you shouldn't have problems.
I was busy with exams last few days. Tomorrow I will continue work on prefabs.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information