Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
martinusK

04 May 2015 05:31

Agree, but AFAIK they can't alter the traffic density by region. :(
Hopefully this, a region-based weather system and timetable ferries will be an addition to ETS2 after Scandinavia DLC :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Purno
Donation rank:

04 May 2015 07:05

TruckerLucker wrote:The traffic density on the iceland when you arrive there in a ferry is way too high at the moment, it takes an age to get past the t-crossing.
I bet the traffic density in ALL of Iceland is way too high, but we can not adjust that in the current system.
Martinus Kundla wrote:Hopefully [...] timetable ferries will be an addition to ETS2 after Scandinavia DLC :)
Oh please god no. Ferries are already annoying enough, I don't want to be told I should wait for the ferry to arrive.

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

04 May 2015 07:22

i'm also hoping for time table ferries. Rather than waiting for the ferry, you should be allowed to sleep in that time. So technically you're not actually waiting because that would be really boring lol. Put all ferry ports with the option to sleep. In cases where you can still get to your destination by truck, you should be forced to drive as sitting there sleeping will cost you time when you can be driving instead.

I'm really not looking forward to the ferries in Gdansk for this reason as it creates a big short cut to the north. I think I read mandlesoft say they're getting rid of some ferries in the DLC. and hopefully so.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

04 May 2015 07:25

Fredrickshavn has the same problem with traffic most of the time. I generally turn Right out of the terminal and do a U-Turn at the traffic lights, but that can't be done at the Iceland ferry.

Is there a 50 sign on the road coming from the East? I've noticed westbound traffic seems to do about 80 though there which doesn't help.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

jontsuba
Donation rank:

04 May 2015 08:07

I'd also like to have timetabled ferries. But that wouldn't mean having to wait sitting in the PC. It'd just mean that when you take a ferry route, the time necessary would be fixed but variable depending on ingame time and the depart of the next ferry. That'd also allow having more ferry routes just like in real live without requiring you to take them, just in real life and eliminating the Ferry Sim bug...

Unfortunately, according to Mandel, that's not going to happen right at the release of DLC Scandinavia.
Last edited by jontsuba on 04 May 2015 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

04 May 2015 08:10

It wouldn't eliminate the Ferry Bug. If a Ferry exists between two points and the route driven is longer than it would take to drive to/from the terminals, the game will always take the ferry. Time doesn't come into it.
Last edited by jdenm8 on 04 May 2015 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

04 May 2015 08:22

Afaik ferry distance is not taken into consideration when the route is calculated
The ferry bug can take you via Iceland in some cases
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Purno
Donation rank:

04 May 2015 09:02

jdenm8 wrote:Is there a 50 sign on the road coming from the East? I've noticed westbound traffic seems to do about 80 though there which doesn't help.
Could try that, although it's officially within city boundaries.

Another option could be to add traffic lights to that specific intersection.
jontsuba wrote:I'd also like to have timeuabled ferries. But that wouldn't mean having to wait sitting in the PC. It'd just mean that when you take a ferry route, the time necessary would be fixed but variable depending on ingame time and the depart of the next ferry.
You do realize the ferry to Iceland doesn't really depart frequently? According to the website of Smyrilline, the ferry departs every Sunday at 15:00 from Hirsthals, and every wednesday at 20:00 from Seyðisfjörður. Yep, once a week.

Timetabled ferries, no thanks.
plykkegaard wrote:The ferry bug can take you via Iceland in some cases
It shouldn't trake you to Iceland since it has only one route. The ferry bug does take Tórshavn frequently, as it has several routes available. (Mostly used as a gateway between the UK and Denmark).

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

04 May 2015 09:08

Ahh yes you're right it was via Tórshavn
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

04 May 2015 14:41

Purno wrote:
jontsuba wrote:I'd also like to have timeuabled ferries. But that wouldn't mean having to wait sitting in the PC. It'd just mean that when you take a ferry route, the time necessary would be fixed but variable depending on ingame time and the depart of the next ferry.
You do realize the ferry to Iceland doesn't really depart frequently? According to the website of Smyrilline, the ferry departs every Sunday at 15:00 from Hirsthals, and every wednesday at 20:00 from Seyðisfjörður. Yep, once a week.
If it's once a week, then let it be once a week. It's realistic to have this, and I'm sure truck drivers across Europe know more or less about the schedule of their ferries so they can plan to take jobs wisely. Not forcing anything; just my opinion.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information