Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jontsuba
Donation rank:

04 May 2015 15:57

I agree with tkk7406. Still, the problem isn't the ferry conection with Iceland. After all, there isn't any road alternative. But using timetables could allow leaving in map all the ferry conections existent while not breaking the game (if the route is wisely calculated depending on time, not distance) As such, you could have a Ferry conecting Bilbao (or Santander) with the UK that only works 2 times a week. That way, from time to time it'll be worth taking the ferry while most times it's better crossing all France, just like in real life.

grega

04 May 2015 16:27

I think most of the Euro truck fans and players here on forum want realism, right? :P so the timetables for some ferrys would be awesome, just like many of you allready described :D but I think that this is very hard to make, even to be connected with the freight market and deliveries :/ But if its possible, I'm definitely for it :D
Last edited by grega on 04 May 2015 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

04 May 2015 16:31

grega wrote:but I think that this is very hard to make :/ But if its possible, I'm definitely for it :D
SCS will have to put that as a feature.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

ETS2-User
Developer

04 May 2015 16:36

Jontsuba's idea sounds like a good compromise to me. I guess however that a timetable would require a completely re-programming of the whole ferry-code so the gps could calculate an economic route. But it would definetily be a good solution for the ferry bug imo.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

04 May 2015 16:38

Umm... it wasn't jontsuba's idea, but never mind.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

martinusK

04 May 2015 16:40

The thing i want the most is not the timetable (although that would be a great addition in the form that jontsuba said), but the thing i want to get rid of the most is the unrealistic ports.
Noone drives onto the ferry, but the cars are always there (magic), you can only go into one spot, and when you are at your destination, you're the only one there. All the cars are gone, also someone flipped your truck. :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

ETS2-User
Developer

04 May 2015 16:40

I meant the ferries that have been rejected so far for the so well known ferry simulator bug like Bilbao-UK and such ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

24 May 2015 00:49

I finally have found a well-enough-paid job to Iceland to visit it for the first time and Purno, I have to say, that I can't say anything anymore. I'm simply left speechleft. My delivery started at Felixstowe and went to Reykjavik. So, on my way to the Icelandic capital, I first saw the new parts of Scotland and had to say: "This is tremendous high quality. Especially the roads after Inverness are just perfect" I was the opinion this would be my new favorite part of the map.
But then I saw Tórshavn and with it a small part of the Faroe Islands and I thought: "Wow, this one is even nicer. Seems like I should get more jobs to the Faroe Islands."
But, then, I arrived at Seyðisfjörður and found my way to Reykjavik and I thought: "Is this ETS2? Is it a dream?" And I was sure, it was a dream. Ok, I have to admit, I arrived just at sunrise, which made it even more beautiful. But nevertheless, I slapped myself in my face, but I didn't wake up, so I wondered, if this could be real ETS2.

Purno, what I want to say, is that your Iceland couldn't have been done better. Nothing could have been done better in ETS2 and nothing will be done better in ETS2 for the next millions of years. I never want to leave your Iceland again, but I think, I will have to leave it one day. Hopefully, I don't come back with a speed delivery, because I am really afraid of it. Those small and curvy roads and then the snow at its edges. Already the night time driving on the last part was a bit scary and I don't want to imagine, how it will be with a speed delivery. I am pretty sure, it is not possible to arrive in time, when you have a speed delivery :P.
But, that's Iceland and that's why I love it.
Thousands of thanks for it, Purno!

ScuL
Founder

24 May 2015 01:07

Nice feedback! :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

24 May 2015 01:58

Oh, after some more time spent in Iceland, I found two (!) :P things, that could be improved for the next update:

1. Is there really no truck dealer in whole Iceland? That's at least what the truck dealer map says and also a closer look to the world map itensifies this impression. Don't do truck drivers from Iceland buy trucks? I'd love to see at least one truck dealer there in the future (at Reykjavik) or maybe even another one at Keflavik or Akureyri or at both places.

2. Right behind the junction between Selfoss and Reykjavik (juntion to Ðorlakshöfn?), the road is still limited to 50 kph (referring to Route Advisor and AI traffic) even though it seems like it should be about 80 km/h, because at the entrance of Reykjavik, the speed limit is set to 50 kph again.

EDIT: On my way back from Reykjavik to Selfoss, I figured out that the whole road until Selfoss itself has set a speed limit of 50 kph in the route advisor, but the street signs indicate that you are allowed to drive your 90 kph.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information