France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
phlyer91
Donation rank:

02 Dec 2016 15:06

ScuL wrote:
HighFlyerPL185 wrote:What will be the estimated wait between 2.12 and 2.15? Are we looking weeks or months ScuL?
The answer is, we don't know. If we can make it work in the next two weeks it will be in 2016, if we can't it will be February or later.
Let's hope! Good luck! :)

yitianetie
Donation rank:

03 Dec 2016 02:17

Hi,

Very interesting debates. I can give you my personnal advice. My region (Brittany) was well built by Kubytchek, I have recognized many the periurban area of Rennes and Brest with its beautifull bridge "Pont de l'Iroise". And I have seen my town (Ploërmel) which does not appear on the map, but located not far from a factory. Moreover, Kubytchek has use briton names for cities and some signals : "Khreiz-Kehr" which mean city center. I know that he has left Promods.

As I have read through previous pages, I understand your plan : replace Promodsmap by DLC France. And then, rework on it. If I have an adivce tell you when rebuilding : please add to DLC map the missing cities created by Promods team (I don't see Poirtiers or Angoulême on DLC map). I really appreciate the work. We even can go further : more signals, more road pannels (that show remaining kilometers to the city, like on german and scandinavian parts of the promods map).

Anyway, Thank you very much for your efforts. I would like to contribute but I am geographer who don't know to modelize in 3d, but who can elaborate road maps and more...

Etienne

gmtavares

03 Dec 2016 11:13

@yitianetie
I share your opinion regarding Brittany. It is really interesting that he did this.
Added to that, I think that there is still possibility to use some, but only a very small part, of his work.
Other than that, I think that taking the DLC map and upgrading it (like in Scandinavia), is an interesting way of solving it, adding to the SCS quality, a bit of ProMods quality, which we all cherish here!
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

zebenji
Graphics Designer

04 Dec 2016 05:50

yitianetie wrote:Anyway, Thank you very much for your efforts. I would like to contribute but I am geographer who don't know to modelize in 3d, but who can elaborate road maps and more...Etienne
Hey. I'm a geographer. I did not know how to modelize in 3D, still managed to help by creating a few designs. It's a matter of knowing if the new head of development for France wants some help.

Kutchek made a great job with Britanny. One of my regrets is that he never really updated the signs in Bayonne, which are in three languages. With some serious work, Promods France 2.0 could be exceptional.

gmtavares

04 Dec 2016 11:09

zebenji wrote:With some serious work, Promods France 2.0 could be exceptional.
Yes! I can already imagine. Only sad that the lead developer for France left ProMods.

What I can imagine will be ProMods first development in France is..... La Corse!

And then I can see some development in Alsace... In Bretagne, Normandie, Aquitaine (specially), Midi-Pyrénées and Provance-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. That is where there is the most amount of space for development of new cities and roads is...

Wow, now I realize how many regions I included. :P
Some of the original France's work can Still be used. Some of that is still pretty new, so, no need to update it. Specially in the Midi-Pyrénées and Aquitaine... But perhaps also in Normandie.
Though, I can imagine that SCS will do a later release like in the Going East update, to include a few more towns and roads.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

frank7895

05 Dec 2016 14:08

I dnt know why scs remove eiffel tower and other monument of Paris, i really wanted that promods make just this mythique road

What do you think ?

(no hard to find 3d model)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2016 14:13

SCS had to remove the Eiffeltower due to French copyright..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Dannu
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2016 14:16

What?!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2016 14:31

MrSimsFani, didn't you heard what Mandelsoft said yesterday on Squirrel's stream? SCS have stuggled to get approved copyright to have the Eiffel Tower in the game. Probably a lot more French landmarks they didn't get an approval on.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

brainiac
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2016 14:57

Can Promods return Eiffel tower?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information