Favorite Countries in 2.0

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Volvofahrer 26
Donation rank:

14 Feb 2016 15:31

that bug is already reported mate so don't worry it will be fixed for 2.01 ;)
ADR-Cargo Mod

http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t ... 629#p96629

Get a new challenge with dangerous cargos!

Lolsmurf

14 Feb 2016 23:03

Hi guys,

Not sure if some of you still remember me but here I am once more lol.
I've actually started playing ETS2 for real and I never thought it was this fun. I made maps and stuff for the game before but never really played the game since I got bored after playing 18wos AA, pttm, convoy,haulin, long haul and ETS1.

I ve combined some mods myself over the past few weeks and tweaked some other ones to my liking (I guess nobody ever forgets the old style tweaking in def files, since that was mostly the maximum you could mod in the older scs games).

I also downloaded promods 2.0 together with the russian map and I have to say, damn guys. Their work is just fantastic. There are just thousands of things I could say that i really like about the map. I ll sum up some real outstanding things in my opinion, which kept me stuck to this game.

-Custom border crossings are just excellent
-Russia feels really alive with people on the streets and bad roads
-Custom signs are very nice
-Scandinavia, Poland and France are so polished,SCS should feel jealous
-Mandelsof,Kutchek and Nico are just true geniuses. Other mappers are very skilled as well, but these 3 guys are just from another dimension lol

So some negative things I encountered:
-Hard performance hits on some areas, especially the russian and spanish ones.
-Because the custom map area is so nice, it really feels dull to cross a part where default SCS map has been set
-Antwerp (my hometown) is really sub level in my opinion. That national dutch road leading to antwerp is very dull and unrealistic. The city feels too cramped together in my opinion.
-Spanish cities are nice but have heavy lag and disappearing cars everywhere. Also not sure who did the last stretch of highway between bayonne and the border, but that part feels dull too. No basque signs, no warnings for dangerous descents, no highway portals, no truck lanes,...
- Default signs should be made bigger. Its almost impossible to read any default sign on the road.

Also I'm not sure what promods changes. I cant feel a full changelist anywhere (genre: economy, weather,...) So i m not sure who is setting the economy prices.

Overall this is one of the best mods for any game I played in my life. I was also happy to pay for my downloads if you just see what these guys did.
I might remap some really annoying parts of their map myself for private use. One of the things that are easily changed and should be changed are curvy roads who are almost impossible to take at full speed. Flatten some curves out.

Good job to the whole team (I don't know 75% of their team anymore, so many new people and faces). Looking forward what they'll bring next. ;)

Dannu
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2016 06:42

Of course i remember you!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Horizon™
Developer

15 Feb 2016 10:04

Lolsmurf wrote: I also downloaded promods 2.0 together with the russian map and I have to say, damn guys. Their work is just fantastic. There are just thousands of things I could say that i really like about the map. I ll sum up some real outstanding things in my opinion, which kept me stuck to this game.
That's true, the map changed a lot with new stuff countries, cities and rebuilds.
-Custom border crossings are just excellent
-Russia feels really alive with people on the streets and bad roads
-Custom signs are very nice
-Scandinavia, Poland and France are so polished,SCS should feel jealous
-Mandelsof,Kutchek and Nico are just true geniuses. Other mappers are very skilled as well, but these 3 guys are just from another dimension lol
Well, Russia is not really ours - may be you meant Moldova or Romania? But yeah, RusMap gives a little more rusty feeling to that country.
They are the great people, with great skills :P
So some negative things I encountered:
-Hard performance hits on some areas, especially the russian and spanish ones.
-Because the custom map area is so nice, it really feels dull to cross a part where default SCS map has been set
-Antwerp (my hometown) is really sub level in my opinion. That national dutch road leading to antwerp is very dull and unrealistic. The city feels too cramped together in my opinion.
-Spanish cities are nice but have heavy lag and disappearing cars everywhere. Also not sure who did the last stretch of highway between bayonne and the border, but that part feels dull too. No basque signs, no warnings for dangerous descents, no highway portals, no truck lanes,...
- Default signs should be made bigger. Its almost impossible to read any default sign on the road.
-Yeah, in the Spain the performance gets a bit worse, because of the open space, and detailed cities.
-As you been a mapper, you might understand that not everything can be done in quite short time.
-I think that piece of road got improved if I remember well.
-You mean SCS' ones? Why we should make them bigger, then it is possible to make all-new signs for countries.
Good job to the whole team (I don't know 75% of their team anymore, so many new people and faces). Looking forward what they'll bring next. ;)
Team grown so much in the past years, so I understand your feeling, that team got a bit not recognised by you :D Maybe, some other new members would not know you at all...
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Lolsmurf

15 Feb 2016 12:22

DeusHorizon wrote: That's true, the map changed a lot with new stuff countries, cities and rebuilds.

Well, Russia is not really ours - may be you meant Moldova or Romania? But yeah, RusMap gives a little more rusty feeling to that country.
They are the great people, with great skills :P
Oh ok, I thought those guys were included in the promods team as well. I havent been to Romania and Moldova yet, perhaps thats my next route :p

-Yeah, in the Spain the performance gets a bit worse, because of the open space, and detailed cities.
-As you been a mapper, you might understand that not everything can be done in quite short time.
-I think that piece of road got improved if I remember well.
-You mean SCS' ones? Why we should make them bigger, then it is possible to make all-new signs for countries.
-I think they hit the engines limit or perhaps used too many HD models
-True, surely when people do this in their free time whilst studying and going to school. But perhaps its time to start rebuilding default pieces of the map instead of adding more and more cities. I think the map size is good now, so perhaps time to shift to upgrading the existing parts to a better level of quality.
-Hmm ok, I saw in the Benelux thread they are adding the E34 which will perhaps replace or go parallel with that national road.
-Yes, just make them bigger in zmodeler or whatever. I remember I did that for my map in ETS1 just by myself.
Team grown so much in the past years, so I understand your feeling, that team got a bit not recognised by you :D Maybe, some other new members would not know you at all...
Clearly :D
Nice to see the main developers are still going at it 100% motivated. After my personal problems 2 years ago I really had no energy anymore to even start up my pc, let alone work on a map.

monitorjorge

03 Mar 2016 17:54

Guys i'm driving around Iceland last night.. is simply incredible, i've used street view from google to compare and it just very similar. I can't stop driving :D :D .. my company have only 8 trucks yet but it will be nice play slowly to be a milionaire! :)
PROMODS | RUSMAP | SOUTHERN REGION | GREAT STEPPE | MIDDLE EAST | LEVEL 65

Eryman
Developer

10 Mar 2016 00:20

Nice to see brazilian people here ;) we're glad you like it

The brazilian guy of ProMods

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information