ProMods 2.01

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Rigelmeister

15 Jan 2016 07:17

I believe the priority for PM now should be removing all reported bugs - so I am glad that they share the same view as me. ScuL says it's possible to avoid all those areas but I am not smart enough to keep them in mind; I can crash on invisible walls over and over again, forgetting I shouldn't have been on that area every single time. :lol: So, firstly, a totally bug-free ProMods 2.0 is needed, in my opinion.

Rebuilding projects and new cities will eventually come and these are long term plans. So having what we have at its best shape is my expectation and hope for the next update. I love ProMods because they try releasing as fewer updates as possible; this is much better than downloading fix for that, fix for this, fix for bla bla every other day.

hahnson

15 Jan 2016 18:15

A question if i may: Why not take a middle approach next time you make a major relaease? I mean for example with 2.0: 2.0 could have been an open beta, in beta; well you expect bugs and you also feel more inclined to help posting them and are aware that bugs are to be encountered /expected, and then 2.01 would have been 2.0 Retail / Final with the bugs resolved, so the people wanting a stable experience can always wait for the retail. Just a friendly suggestion maybe :)

But overall the quality is amazing :)

LoaderSaints

15 Jan 2016 18:32

We already had a long beta testing period and got countless bugs fixed but then some bugs reappeared without any given reason just before the release which is unfortunate. So there is no need for open betas as that would make our beta testers obsolete don't you think?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

16 Jan 2016 12:47

We already have a very active beta team. And in an open beta we can't keep track of all the bugs (we log them in our bug tracking system). That's why we have a team of testers, who all have access to that system.
This allows us to keep track of all bugs, fix them, and test them again.
But as Loader says. In some cases the bug reappear for no obvious reason.

We sometimes see the x.x0 release as an open beta. Since the community always finds a lot of other and reappeared bugs. Which we fix, or fix again.
Basically x.x1 is the first stable release.

For instance, during testing we didn't have places (like Arad) where the game crashed. The x.x0 release has them.. Sadly..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Kobra2112

18 Jan 2016 06:50

Such is the way of programming unfortunately...

It is comparable to the many headed Hydra of Greek myth: cut off a head and two more appear. In the same vein, fix one bug, more will always appear especially in something as complex as a game or even a game mod.

Ultimately, it is a mitigation issue more than it is an effort to fix absolutely everything, but the Promods team does a stellar job of responding and fixing bugs as is without creating new ones
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

asfdesigns
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2016 16:20

You guys will still be working on Euro Truck even when the American Truck will come out? How are your plans with that? Just wandering. To tell you the true I love driving in Europe and would love to keep seeing great work you guys do for example like having rest of Italy and Greece. :)

ETS2-User
Developer

19 Jan 2016 16:26

Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Stuferus

21 Jan 2016 01:15

any status update on 2.01? beta testing it already or is still time for new reports??

ScuL
Founder

21 Jan 2016 05:45

We're about half way fixing everything
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Stuferus

21 Jan 2016 14:07

thank you.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information