France DLC confirmed?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Ostpuff
Developer

26 Jan 2016 19:21

Gman912 wrote:Personally, it could mean down near Lyon, that's down in the south. I honestly don't know if this means France DLC confirmed but we'll have to see.
Have you seen such vegetation in the game before? ;)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Gman912

26 Jan 2016 19:55

Yeah, I guess your right Ostpuff.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 01:24

If Promods can use ATS models (once ATS is released) even though most Promods users haven't bought/paid for ATS yet, do you think it is possible to use DLC France models without requiring the user to buy DLC France?
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Jan 2016 07:01

Not really. We only use some of the new ATS assets. However in the case of DLCs it's practically a full merge. Every single piece is useful. :mrgreen:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Kobra2112

27 Jan 2016 09:13

At this point it'd be interesting to see what SCS can come up with. I'm sure they are probably aware of Promods already being in this area. What I'd like to know is are they going to rebuild the existing France? That would be nice, but probably not going to happen sadly. Maybe Paris will get a rebuild, but that's the most I see. That being said, looking forward to see what they can pitch with this DLC. Very unlikely it will come until after the release of ATS (especially if it's only now being teased... we'll probably have DLC for ATS too by this point)
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 09:15

I hope that Paris will get the same treatment as Oslo has got
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Jan 2016 12:20

Kobra2112 wrote:At this point it'd be interesting to see what SCS can come up with. I'm sure they are probably aware of Promods already being in this area.
We were aware the SCS was working there since August. They wanted to have it finished before Christmas; ScuL called that schedule not realistic, since it took one man and 30 months to get the ProMods France we have today. You can't do the same thing and more with just a crew of 5 mappers in 5 months. But from the assets we've seen so far, it looks like they are definitely going to take the Scandinavia DLC route, with custom interchange prefabs and correct road markings. I mean, I was positively surprised that they did this (when these road templates were still in the editor, so I could try them out):

So I have a feeling that the quality of this DLC is pretty good! ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Shiva

27 Jan 2016 14:03

Volleybal4life wrote:I hope that Paris will get the same treatment as Oslo has got
That, that would rock!
Altho, I long for ProMods touchup "the roads to Gardermoen and north + Hønefoss and north"
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 14:49

The word touchup sounds wrong :D

If the range of assets is of high quality, I hope French DLC will be mandatory to ProMods; better assets = better models for Kutchek to use to rebuild certain parts of his map (don't knock any of it; no matter how good the DLC is! Kutchek is really a master at his craft. New areas get added to ProMods constantly but France still never ceases to amaze me).

Peterson

27 Jan 2016 17:06

Master? Not really, he's good, but his France never ceases to make me angry, tight intersections and AI behaviour, plus endless toll gates (some don't even have their prices, they are "gratuit"). I know that it may be like that in France, but come on, it's fluid like my dutch.

He knows how to make landscapes, but it's the road I see the most, and I don't really like it.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information