Is the free download of the mod slowed down on purpose?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
tbar
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2017 11:15

Damn, help the guys out and pay a dollar. Had mine in ten minutes.

Gazer75
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2017 21:50

Well I donated a fairly nice sum to the team at one point :)

When more of Norway get some love I'm sure there is more ;)

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2017 01:22

Gazer75 wrote:Well I donated a fairly nice sum to the team at one point :)
When more of Norway get some love I'm sure there is more ;)
And we do appreciate this greatly!
Promods Server Administrator

Photon_

15 Apr 2017 17:55

Not trying be some complaining special snowflake, but this is ridiculous, because it forces people to use the paid download rather choosing the paid option out of generosity. Seriously only 3 simultaneous downloads at 200 kb/s which will take over 1 hour to download all of them.

Since I will getting my own bank account, this will no longer a problem; but I feel forced to have to choose the paid option.

peniu
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2017 19:07

What is ridiculous? The fact that you can get a mod that requires thousands of hours of work for free? I really don't get it, what is so hard in leaving download in background and just waiting 2 hours?

leafeongold
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2017 22:04

You're also not forced to used the paid option, the Promods team explained why they had to do this. It would probably be much worse to crank up bandwith usage and annoy their providers.

Besides, patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait. :mrgreen:

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2017 01:33

Photonic wrote:Not trying be some complaining special snowflake, but this is ridiculous, because it forces people to use the paid download rather choosing the paid option out of generosity. Seriously only 3 simultaneous downloads at 200 kb/s which will take over 1 hour to download all of them.

Since I will getting my own bank account, this will no longer a problem; but I feel forced to have to choose the paid option.
Nobody is forced hence why we have a free download since afterall, we provide the mod for free but what others have rightfully said since we provide it for free we don't have the cash to chuck around to give a metric craptonne of bandwidth out for free too. Just a little stat the free download links have generated 7.5TiB in under 2 days and as we know that is a tonne of bandwidth :) - I've had to download the mod using only the free download links quite a few times and while it is slow it does allow people to successfully download it while keeping our servers and server providers happy.
Promods Server Administrator

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2017 07:38

Wolfpig wrote:
And just out of interest....why couldn't zippyshare host that anymore?
Its not that Zippyshare couldn't host anymore, but long story short, someone was copyright trolling ProMods and getting it taken down for no reason.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

ScuL
Founder

16 Apr 2017 07:42

As a matter a fact, an unknown entity DDoS'd the free download server the moment we published 2.16
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2017 10:48

Yeah, the free option was horribily slow when I was downloading 2.16. After 4 hours and still only at the third file I had enough and went to the paid option, after all it's just 1$ that is like 4 lei-s, less than a freaking bottle of beer! It came down in 20 minutes... Come on people if you have the chance give these guy's a "beer" they surely deserve it! ;)
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information