2.18 & doubles

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
metpei

20 Aug 2017 12:37

zyprexia wrote:
20 Aug 2017 10:31
In real life a truck driver will simply decouple one of the two drivers near the destination and only drives further with the trailer that has the cargo for the drop-off. Afterwards the doubles is reassembled again. That why instead of a 12m + 8m trailer, you see more and more 2 10m (city) trailers connected via a link (special kind of dolly). If you disconnect the 2nd trailer, the link can retract fully, so it 5th wheel on the link doesn't stick out anymore. The biggest benefit is that both trailers are two interchangeable.. Also instead of 18m trailer length, you now have 20 meters of length.
This 12m+8m combo with permanent 5th wheel. I've been wondered how you load off, since between cargo box and disload platform is huge cap. Do you have solid ramp in back of first trailer or is it "hidden" somewhere or do you need to trust that delivery place has one? Pictures would be nice to see.
Sorry, my english looks horrible, but this was best I can do. (off topic: and it sounds bad too, we call it rallienglanti https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS0sT9P4ZQg)

Edit: sorry Stuferus, didn't see your last post in new page

smith121363
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2017 14:14

Edit: sorry Stuferus, didn't see your last post in new page
I would not worry about it. Stuferus is not the "Boss" of this thread. The title says"2.18 & doubles" and we have been talking about doubles. Stuferus was able to solve his/her problem and we have learned some useful information about doubles. So where is the problem?

Stuferus

20 Aug 2017 15:00

i started the thread so im the boss of the thread atleast thats how other forums work.

again.. i request the closesure or deletion of this thread by mod or admin. thanks.

next time i choise my title more wise.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2017 15:07

Uhm no, you actually never ever will be the 'boss' of any topic you may start on here. That's how it works on all forums.

We, the moderators of the forum, always will be the 'boss' of the topic. We can basically do whatever we like to the topic. While you can't do anything about that.

You are the topic starter, yes. But that doesn't mean you're the 'boss' of your topic.
It's forum etiquette to not derail a topic, and we, as moderators, do keep an eye on that. And act to it if we think it's needed.

On another note, acting like a 'boss' may even result in a warning or temporary ban.
The Rules wrote: 3. Offences that could lead to a warning or a temporary ban
Rule 3e:
Backseat moderating (when anyone except a team member tries to apply the rules to another user);
I now decide to lock this topic, not because you requested it. But because it'll derail into a topic owner discussion if I won't lock it.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information