Project Norway: Updating and Expanding

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LOK330

14 May 2014 00:07

PH-AMG wrote:So here is a little more detailed information about what will be included and what not:

First project contains:

-Updating Kristiansand / Stavanger / Bergen/ Oslo
-Old E39 between these 2 cities is replaced at the moment
-scenery will be made according to google streetview data and I'll try to include as many details as I can
-Fjords will have a more realistic look
-Hardangerbrua will be included ( models required are not ready)
-On the rv7 I will try to recreate Hardangervidda natl Park

Additional updates after first work is completed:

-E18 update
-E134 to Oslo
-Rv 9 connection from Kristiansand to E134

Second Project: Going North

-Continue E139 to Alesund ( including Atlantic Road as a scenic bypass)
-Trondheim
-Connection with Sweden
- And Oslo via E6

And now we are looking at the future:

-Continue towards Arctic circle
your plan not include rebuild Lærdalstunnelen????

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

14 May 2014 05:08

Thanks, Im honoured by the prize :oops:

The thing Im referring to is the general attitude.

We are trying our best to get as much content and make it look as real as possible. Sometimes we find people, like Mandelsoft, Purno, PH-AMG who ask if they can join and improve ProMods. This is always great news because we all have personal lifes, jobs, girlfriends etc. Sometimes we only have a couple of hours of free time and than I spend some time on going on this forum, to help people with problems, and when that is solved I might spend some time on modding.

But the forum is now causing so much pain in my bottom region tbh. I'm very greatfull to have new people in the team who all have a project and work on their project with dedication (look at the pics, that is how it should have been build in the first place!). PH-AMG gives a modest list of plans. I see the mention of Trondheim, but in the far future... but that is for some people a signal to start requesting cities a 1000km north of Trondheim... WHY?

We announce a new city, people ask for a 20 more. To be frankly honest that is really demotivational.

Same for LOK330 now.... Why do you need to ask that again?? You asked it at least three times now... If it will ever come you would propably see a pic of it. But YOU are more than welcome to make it yourself, that would save me hours modelling....

But don't get me wrong. I love you all. When me and ScuL started this whole crazy idea in december 2012 I never expected to get a team of 13 people together and a forum with nearly 60,000 members. Seems like we are doing something people like and it's maybe our own mistake to give alot of insight into the development of projects. This will only feed the information hunger of all you fans. And I really apprectiate people posting, it makes the forum feel alive, but sometimes we don't need to hear the obvious and sometimes we don't need the many requests you guys have ;)

Anyways you guys know me, I can get pissed quickly, but I can also forgive quickly. I hope you guys understand my point. In the end of the day we are just like everyone else. We also get home after a shit day at school/work, I am actually in my exams period now but I like it so much here that I need to pop up whenever I can :oops: . We are all human in this team, sadly, doing this for free, offering it for free. We get a very minimal compensation for the work, most of the income gets spend on servers and licenses.

Anyways I really need to write a conclusion now. My mom is asking if I can hurry up becuase I need to buy something with her at the garden center.

And to answer most questions quickly: PH-AMG has a little list now he wants to start with... what happens after that has no priority now. It's something we can discuss when he asks about it ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Purno
Donation rank:

14 May 2014 09:52

Nico wrote:Thanks, Im honoured by the prize :oops:

Agreed. The amount of unnecessary questions is time consuming. How much time do you think Nico spent on that wall of text? Time that could've been invested elsewhere. ;)
And to answer most questions quickly: PH-AMG has a little list now he wants to start with... what happens after that has no priority now. It's something we can discuss when he asks about it ;)
And that's the best way. There's no use planning a huge list of cities. I do the same for Iceland. I got a general plan which can change at any time, and work out details later, when I get there. I know you're all eager to see new parts of the map, but it is a time consuming task. We'll get there, eventually. :)

Gazer75
Donation rank:

14 May 2014 13:46

Suggest using OpenStreetMap as well to look at some roads. Google is usually not keeping up with construction changes.
In Kristiansand there are new tunnels and on/off ramps. http://osm.org/go/0SbM1kdU

LOK330

14 May 2014 17:03

Nico wrote:Thanks, Im honoured by the prize :oops:

We are trying our best to get as much content and make it look as real as possible. Sometimes we find people, like Mandelsoft, Purno, PH-AMG who ask if they can join and improve ProMods. This is always great news because we all have personal lifes, jobs, girlfriends etc. Sometimes we only have a couple of hours of free time and than I spend some time on going on this forum, to help people with problems, and when that is solved I might spend some time on modding.

But the forum is now causing so much pain in my bottom region tbh. I'm very greatfull to have new people in the team who all have a project and work on their project with dedication (look at the pics, that is how it should have been build in the first place!). PH-AMG gives a modest list of plans. I see the mention of Trondheim, but in the far future... but that is for some people a signal to start requesting cities a 1000km north of Trondheim... WHY?

We announce a new city, people ask for a 20 more. To be frankly honest that is really demotivational.

Same for LOK330 now.... Why do you need to ask that again?? You asked it at least three times now... If it will ever come you would propably see a pic of it. But YOU are more than welcome to make it yourself, that would save me hours modelling....

But don't get me wrong. I love you all. When me and ScuL started this whole crazy idea in december 2012 I never expected to get a team of 13 people together and a forum with nearly 60,000 members. Seems like we are doing something people like and it's maybe our own mistake to give alot of insight into the development of projects. This will only feed the information hunger of all you fans. And I really apprectiate people posting, it makes the forum feel alive, but sometimes we don't need to hear the obvious and sometimes we don't need the many requests you guys have ;)

Anyways you guys know me, I can get pissed quickly, but I can also forgive quickly. I hope you guys understand my point. In the end of the day we are just like everyone else. We also get home after a shit day at school/work, I am actually in my exams period now but I like it so much here that I need to pop up whenever I can :oops: . We are all human in this team, sadly, doing this for free, offering it for free. We get a very minimal compensation for the work, most of the income gets spend on servers and licenses.

Anyways I really need to write a conclusion now. My mom is asking if I can hurry up becuase I need to buy something with her at the garden center.

So sorry Nico , you spent more time to write something , I understand your explain , So i would be patient waiting your good project........ :D

daniel1562

15 May 2014 02:58

No worries Nico...:D we will be patient.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

15 May 2014 13:04

This is precisely why most development studios remain closed and closeted environments, and have very strictly limited and metered interaction with the general public. ;)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

PH-AMG

20 May 2014 19:57

Hey guys!

Time for a small update.

I didn't have much time to edit last week because I was on a city trip with a good friend of mine.

Progress of the E39 between Kristiansand and Stavanger is going well. Let's say that 50% between the first 2 cities is finished.

Didn't have much time at all to be honest, but I got an hour of time to map today.

Here the evidence ;)

Enjoy :)

emunch

20 May 2014 20:09

One word: Beautiful!

Your work and dedication is most appreciated, PH-AMG.

daniel1562

20 May 2014 22:39

Man thats looking very sweet indeed bravo

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information