Development on version 1.x (Italy edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2014 21:15

phlyer91 wrote:
I tried TSM Map and yes you're right most part of the map has been done very fast and without love (it seems like this) but the rebuilding of Spain and Portugal looked very nice in the last version. ;) But i prefer Promods because they habe this high standard in every part of the map.
I also have a profile that runs TSM.
I know what you mean, it did get a bit -like really, a bit- better, but I certainly didn't got the 'I'm driving in Spain' feeling while driving in Spain...

That's why I love Promods, I get the 'I'm driving in France' feeling while driving in France, the same goes for all other Promods areas.
And when I'm looking at Purno's photos, I get the same feeling :) (only for Italy instead of France) :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Sep 2014 21:39

Well, it is because that so far, each Promods country has its specific landscape features:

- Norway: mountains, hills and fjords.
- Sweden: forrests and hills.
- Finland: empty plains, forrests and lakes.
- Denmark (and Northern-Germany): flat, open plains and farmland
- Iceland: empty and vast open landscapes, or rock landscapes.
- France: rolling hills and lots of farms.
- Italy: hills and farms.

From the standard SCS map, there are only three countries that have a quite distinct impression. These are:
- Austria: mountains with lakes and still quite open landscapes in the valleys
- Switzerland: mountains, but more closed up than Austria with all the forests.
- The Netherlands: typical polder-landscape!

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2014 21:48

Indeed, and that's where you guys are the best, building scenery and road just like IRL. That's why Promods is a must for every ETS2 gamer!

II think I speak for more people then just myself, driving through Promods scenery is almost the same as 'driving' there with Google Maps :D
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

danirijeka
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2014 21:51

I don't know what M95 was smoking when he made Genova, but there's some weird tunnel spaghetti there.
It's there in real life as well! Genova and its hinterland probably host some of the most wtf-worthy road layouts (mostly because of its geography).

Meanwhile, in the second picture, the signs on the inside of the roundabout are wrong. Example: http://goo.gl/maps/BAPw0

(and this is it for today's broadcast of "danirijeka is a porcupine stuck in the butt about Italian signs", folks)
I know what you mean, it did get a bit -like really, a bit- better, but I certainly didn't got the 'I'm driving in Spain' feeling while driving in Spain...
ProMods totally needs an improvised Encierro if Pamplona is made :mrgreen:

phlyer91
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2014 22:17

Volleybal4life wrote:
phlyer91 wrote:
I tried TSM Map and yes you're right most part of the map has been done very fast and without love (it seems like this) but the rebuilding of Spain and Portugal looked very nice in the last version. ;) But i prefer Promods because they habe this high standard in every part of the map.
That's why I love Promods, I get the 'I'm driving in France' feeling while driving in France, the same goes for all other Promods areas.
And when I'm looking at Purno's photos, I get the same feeling :) (only for Italy instead of France) :P
I know exactly what you mean. The first time i used Promods and i drove through norway (i think it was to Bergen) i really had a big smile in my face and was just looking around. Amazing! Keep on this astonishing work, guys! ;)

Purno
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 07:18

MandelSoft wrote:No. This is M95's Genova. We may want to use Lolsmurf's Genova for something else (not just copy-pasta, just cleverly repurposing work) ;)
If Lolsmurf's Genova is an unique piece of work, it wouldn't be a copy-pasta anyways. It'd be more of a cut-pasta and still be unique. :P
danirijeka wrote:It's there in real life as well! Genova and its hinterland probably host some of the most wtf-worthy road layouts (mostly because of its geography).
I was really surprised by the road layout, but I was stunned by the extremely tight bends and steep descends INSIDE TUNNELS!!!. I mean... there's a highway that leads to a tunnel, which has so damn sharp bends, that I felt it necessary to place a 30km/h speed limit on it...

I could really use Nico's blinking light in situations like this. Unfortunately M95's work on Italy isn't compatible with it yet.
Meanwhile, in the second picture, the signs on the inside of the roundabout are wrong. Example: http://goo.gl/maps/BAPw0
Gah, I thought I got it correct this time. Well, we still miss that sign, so I'll ask the team to make it for me. It'll be fixed. :P

danirijeka
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 09:34

I was really surprised by the road layout, but I was stunned by the extremely tight bends and steep descends INSIDE TUNNELS!!!. I mean... there's a highway that leads to a tunnel, which has so damn sharp bends, that I felt it necessary to place a 30km/h speed limit on it...
Yeah, it's EXACTLY like that. The first time I drove there, I was in a constant state of quasi-panic, bordering on thoughts like "why didn't I take the train good heavens I don't want to dieeeee"

Unrelated: YOU HAD ONE JOB (south of the A4/A22 interchange, northbound)

(it's real, not ProMods :P)

Purno
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 09:42

danirijeka wrote:Unrelated: YOU HAD ONE JOB (south of the A4/A22 interchange, northbound)

The A22A? Does that last A stand for "Austria", or is there also an A22B? :P

danirijeka
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 09:57

Purno wrote:
danirijeka wrote:Unrelated: YOU HAD ONE JOB (south of the A4/A22 interchange, northbound)

The A22A? Does that last A stand for "Austria", or is there also an A22B? :P
My bets would be placed on that "A" standing for "Aw, crap" :D

galimim

05 Sep 2014 10:22

If I remember correctly the "22A" is countries internal numbering of the road. "E 45" is Europe wide numbering of the roads.
The A probably means Autostrada because you also have SS which is Strada Statale or state road and SP or SPr that is Strada Provinciale or provincial road
#JeSuisCharlie

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information