Development on version 1.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Randleman

31 Mar 2014 16:14

Nico wrote:hehe true... the site admin is on vacation and I just returned from a crazy weekend in Berlin...

We will continue posting new updates but right now Im just wasting time behind the PC answering hundreds of topics (most of them with the same question for adding a game.log)

This already cost me about 8 hours the last weeks, which I could have spend on mapping....

Maybe we need some extra moderators to help us maintain the forum and approving post and answering the simple, incomplete ones....
I volunteer my friend.

BASSLovah

31 Mar 2014 16:44

I volunteer as well if you need low-base help.
Proud romanian!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2014 16:51

hehe I already have a couple of people in mind who are already helping us out sometimes on the forum, but now I want them to be recognised as mods ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

M4rkus

31 Mar 2014 17:30

Or maybe you don't answer the boring questions and wait for users to do this.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2014 17:36

Yup links me back to moderators because I than have people to rely on (and shout when they screw up :lol:) + they help approving posts, moving posts, locking etc etc

When random users often have less credebility than someone with a colour... and I know some people who know how to "track" bugs and solve the easier ones ;)

BASSLovah

31 Mar 2014 17:38

That's true and now that I'm thinking about it, It would be very stupid to trust any new member as moderator :lol:
Proud romanian!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2014 17:42

haha you got the drill ;)

This is not something to apply for (since Im getting PM's now :lol:)

We might pick some moderators, so people who proved themselves before on the forum. You need some experience and here at ProMods we don't educate people with new knowledge. You need to have a base and experience and we polish and improve it ;)

Otherwise we will have to spend weeks on learning people all the stuff which could be better invested in mapping :lol:

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2014 17:42

BASSLovah wrote:That's true and now that I'm thinking about it, It would be very stupid to trust any new member as moderator :lol:
I would not trust anybody who wants be a moderator just of the sake of being one.
Saw it a few times where people applied for a post as Moderator of something and vanished without a trace after a few months cause they did not realized that it actually takes some time/work to do that.

Randleman

31 Mar 2014 18:00

Nico wrote:haha you got the drill ;)

This is not something to apply for (since Im getting PM's now :lol:)

We might pick some moderators, so people who proved themselves before on the forum. You need some experience and here at ProMods we don't educate people with new knowledge. You need to have a base and experience and we polish and improve it ;)

Otherwise we will have to spend weeks on learning people all the stuff which could be better invested in mapping :lol:
I just meant to say that I'm here if help is needed. I can fully understand that you wouldn't trust me as a moderator since I'm a new member haha.
Just offering my help if it's needed. :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2014 21:07

Help we can always use... there are always a hand full of people who are active here and can help other people on their way, espcially those who read what dev's said and then forward our words... that way I don't need to repeat myself endlessly ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information