Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2013 16:08

It's just decoration. In my eyes it looks alot cooler if more cities were signposted (such as the local ones) but ofc we can't add every single one of them.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

norguy

28 Dec 2013 16:24

Nico wrote:Yeah we are still busy overhauling all the stuff in the map. Some cities will be rebuild and more and more good scenery will be added.

ProMods v1.01 and v1.52 are just the start of your projects... we too learn alot everyday :p
If this is just the beginning of the journey, I believe this project has a bright future :D

I am amazed just by what you have done until now. Not being a Scandinavian yourselves and still making these countries so accurate is impressing. The Svinesund border is a good example, with the "toll house" you drive through on the norwegian side. Im crossing that border several times each year, (real life) and you got it so damn real in the map! Same also goes for the Öresund border, especially on the swedish side. With the train etc

The fact that you dont know the landscape type on Jæren isnt exactly suprising, I guess most swedes and danes dont know it either, hehe. Would sure be nice if you could fix it though, letting MandelSoft having his hands on it maybee :P

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2013 16:32

Actually we did know of it since someone showed it to use somewhere in february, however when I looked in google it was hard to find it back, in fact I just forgot about it since the space and scaling wouldn't really allow it (was my impression)

norguy

28 Dec 2013 16:52

Nico wrote:Actually we did know of it since someone showed it to use somewhere in february, however when I looked in google it was hard to find it back, in fact I just forgot about it since the space and scaling wouldn't really allow it (was my impression)
Are you talking Jæren or the toll house now? :P

If Jæren, here you have it on street view: https://maps.google.no/?ll=58.823696,5. ... 24,,0,1.06

I dont know too much about the scale, but just adding some large fields with winmills etc. on the E39 south of Stavanger, and then keep the more rocky scenery around Kristiansand, is that too much work?

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2013 17:15

Nico wrote:It's just decoration. In my eyes it looks alot cooler if more cities were signposted (such as the local ones) but ofc we can't add every single one of them.
Ok thank you for the quick answer! And indeed it looks much more realistic! Are you going to do it for all the countries or just the UK? because I haven't seen it in for exemple Belgium or France. :)
#JeSuisCharlie

Superdavecan

28 Dec 2013 20:40

ScuL wrote:
As far as I know we haven't made any changes in Belgium yet, they are on the cards though!
Good :) Because Belgium needs some serious work done on it! ;) SCS didn't do a brilliant job with Belgium, so there's so much that the ProMods team can improve :D

KingzRsir

30 Dec 2013 17:11

Just installed it, and i do really like it! :D
Great job guys! But i have a little question, How are the A2 in the Netherlands and all that coming along?

richyrich
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2013 02:19

This has to be the best map for ets2. Brilliant work all of you who have made and developed this map, I love it. May I please make a suggestion to you. I live in the UK, near Oxford to be precise. Oxford boasts the mini factory and I thought it might be a cool idea to add Oxford (plus the mini works) onto your map. You have the Scania factory and you have recently added the Saab factory so why not add Oxford with the Mini factory. Also could you please consider adding Cheltenham or even Swindon onto the map. Hope you guys take my suggestions into consideration, although I know you have a lot of work ongoing with the Ireland section and also the france,spain and Portugal sections aswell. Also how do I make a donation?, as I would gladly give what little money I have to help you guys along. And lastly if you need someone else to help with testing the map, I would happily give some time up to do so. Happy new year all, and I wish you all the best in this coming year.

richyrich
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2013 02:23

lol don't worry about answering about donating, I just realised the donate tab at the bottom of page. My own fault for not looking first lol.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2013 08:49

Thanks for the kind words. So far we have not planned alot of new cities in the Uk, however I'd like to add Heathrow to the map as a big airport.

Luckely SCS left alot of space in the UK so there is enough room for cities, however the time will always be a problem...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information