Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Wrona 628

08 Mar 2021 21:36

nobody currently works there, so, I don't think so
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

Sode Aliartos GR

09 Mar 2021 11:06

Hi again,
After my last post i decided to make a plan about how Greece, in my opinion, should be developed (the roads, the cities, their development order). NOTE THAT I am not a developer, I just say my opinion and some ideas, so don't take what I write as an official plan or something sure that will be done.
The first thing that should be done, and which i writed on my previous post is to connect Greece with Bulgaria and Turkey via other routes. In the map you can see 3 routes connecting Greece with Bulgaria (Kavala-Drama-Exochi with connection with Serres, Komotini-Makaza and Alexandroupoli-Ormenio) and 1 with Turkey (Kastanies border with Edirne) (purple). These routes should exist in Promods as by them places like Kavala or Alexandroupoli can have easier connection with Bulgaria and Edirne. Also it is more realistic as in real life someone from Alexandroupoli would not go to Edirne via Kipoi-Ipsala nor to Bulgaria via Turkey. Also you can see the cities that could be included in these routes; they are Drama, Komotini and Orestiada
Then the development in central and south Greece should begin with the major Greek highway, the A1 highway (Athens-Thessaloniki-Evzoni). This highway includes the Tempe tunnels, one of them is the biggest tunnel in Balkans with length of 6,1 km. Cities that should be included are Athens, which is the capital city of Greece, Lamia, Larissa and Katerini.
After that, there should be developed the connection between Ioannina and Athens through west Greece and north Pelopponise via A5 (Ionian Road) and A8 (Olympia Road) highways. Both of these highways are in their biggest parts new highways, completed in 2017. In this route we also meet the Rio-Antirrio bridge, which is one of the world's longest multi-span cable-stayed bridges and longest of the fully suspended type. Also there could be connection bettween A5 and Igoumenitsa via A52 highway (Amvrakia Road, the biggest part is under construction) and Aktio-Preveza undersea tunnel. In this part cities could exist are Korinthos, Patra, Agrinio and Preveza.
The next expansion can include central Greece, central and south Pelopponise and Crete. The roads I would choose are the A3 highway (Central Greece highway), its south section will be completed in summer 2021 and its north connection will be completed between 2023-2024, A7 highway (Central Pelopponise highway) and the national road 90 (North Crete Road Axis), few parts of it are upgraded to highway. Also there should be a connection between Lamia and Patra via N.R. 3-28-47 and between Trikala and Larissa via N.R. 6. Cities that could be included are Tripoli, Kalamata, Trikala, Chania, Heraklio and Siteia (or Agios Nikolaos).
Final expansion should include connections between Lamia and Agrinio via N.R. 38 and between Patra and Kalamata via N.R. 9. Cities that could be included are Pyrgos and Karpenisi.
Also, I show which routes in my opinion should be chosed to connect Greece with Albania. They are the National Road 20-22 connecting Ioannina with Kakavia borders, A29 highway connecting the area near Kozani with Krystallopigi borders and Igoumenitsa-Sagiada-Mavromati provincial road. In second route there could be the city of Kastoria included.
In the area of Athens, as you can see in the second picture i suggest which routes should be included. They are the Kiffisos avenue, the south end of A1 highway, A6 highway, known as Attiki Road which is the ring road of Athens, connection between A1 highway and Eleysina via Schisto Skaramagkas avenue and old National Road 8 and connection between Skaramagkas and Attiki road via A65. The places for cargo could be Pireus port, that could be also used for connection with Crete, Skaramagkas refineries and Athens International Airport.
That's my suggestions. I hope that sometime these, or some of these, place will be included in the future, as Greece and generally Balkans is one of the places in ETS2 that still has not any DLC and may have after 2023.
Attachments
Suggestions for expanding Greece in future edition of Promods.png
Suggestions for expanding Greece in future edition of Promods.png (520.51 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
Suggestions development of Athens in future edition of Promods.png
Suggestions development of Athens in future edition of Promods.png (924.86 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

BreakerTR
Donation rank:

09 Mar 2021 17:49

Now this is a plan! You really considered every possibility there may be. I really like this.
Engineering Student and Taxi Driver.
Using ProMods since v2.20.

Languages:
Image Image Image Image

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

09 Mar 2021 19:09

Plans wont help, if no one is working there
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

chaffinch

11 Mar 2021 01:24

The base scale of Greece is around 1:19, which makes it hard for anyone to either confirm or deny what exactly is going to be in the map.

In practice, many junctions appear to be in a larger scale (sometimes up to 1:2), because the slip roads would otherwise be too steep.

jakers038

21 Mar 2021 21:11

No one's developing even Greece? :( With the partial exception of Bosnia and Montenegro, most of the Ex-Yugo area is already covered very nicely, but Greece is still missing it's head, Athens.

I really hope one day things go back to how they were, the Blog is pretty much dead, no updates since december, no one's developing Balkans and Spain's development also stopped, due to a good official alternative, but still..

Wrona 628

22 Mar 2021 09:59

Yes, no one is dealing with Greece now. Because none of the developers want to. Because they have more important and better things to do. First, the team has limited human resources. Second, they do it for free as a hobby. First private life, and then making maps for some kind of game.
There has been no update since December, because what the hell is it supposed to be?
It will be when a new version of the game comes out.

And if my friend doesn't like something, please sit down to the map editor and create something of your own, even Greece. If it's at a good level, maybe the PM team will welcome you ...

Otherwise, don't whine about it.
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

attom01

22 Mar 2021 20:26

Well said, keep up the good work ProMods, have fun

jakers038

24 Mar 2021 19:03

Wrona 628 wrote:
22 Mar 2021 09:59
Yes, no one is dealing with Greece now. Because none of the developers want to. Because they have more important and better things to do. First, the team has limited human resources. Second, they do it for free as a hobby. First private life, and then making maps for some kind of game.
There has been no update since December, because what the hell is it supposed to be?
It will be when a new version of the game comes out.

And if my friend doesn't like something, please sit down to the map editor and create something of your own, even Greece. If it's at a good level, maybe the PM team will welcome you ...

Otherwise, don't whine about it.
I really don't understand the point of this kind of childish toxicity, especially since I asked very nicely and to be even more exact, I didn't even ask, but comment how I wish (not demand) that eventually things go back to how they were. There are much more cultured and respectable ways to say what you said, such as "at the moment no one is unfortunately doing Greece because the team's resources are limited and there's not really much to show on the blog, but hopefully we'll have something in the next few months" or something like that, instead of "dOn'T WhiNe, do it urself!1".

Such way of communicating with users is equally toxic and bad as users who start flame wars over sensitive topics and over release dates.

Also, yes, it's technically free, but donations, of which there are many considering that this is the single most successful ETS2 mod, are also a form of financial support, Blender is a project that works on donations and I don't see their devs attacking people to stop whining and to code their program on their own .

End of OT

Shiva

24 Mar 2021 21:35

jakers038, Wrona 628 is not part of the ProMods team.
As far as I know and remember.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information