Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Mar 2015 09:15

R730_V8 wrote:As I mentioned some days ago I started rebuilding the area around Magdeburg, adding the A14 as well as B71 and B189. I guess I can go on within this week as my last exam for this university term is tomorrow :mrgreen:
If I'm allowed I could probably show some pictures soon. Maybe this could be helpful. :)
There could be one problem when you are planning to merge this with ProMods; we have reconstructed the area west of Magdeburg, up to the first exit after the former border crossing between the BRD and DDR...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Schumi554
Donation rank:

04 Mar 2015 20:04

Will rebuilds of ProMods cities affect ownership of garages in those reconstructed areas?

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

04 Mar 2015 20:21

Schumi554 wrote:Will rebuilds of ProMods cities affect ownership of garages in those reconstructed areas?
Firstly, they aren't rebuilding Promods cities; that's the whole point of them being Promods cities. If you mean the standard city becoming a Promod city, then garage ownership shouldn't be affected. That does depend on what they rebuild though.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

realdeal350
Developer

04 Mar 2015 21:20

Schumi554 wrote:Will rebuilds of ProMods cities affect ownership of garages in those reconstructed areas?
AFAIK it wont, because the garage is still assigned to the city, and in the same city. If they delete a city (which I highly doubt), you'll lose the garage.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

M4rkus

05 Mar 2015 10:49

R730_V8 wrote:Another city that should be included - in my opinion - is Halle(Saale) as it is a main part of the region of Halle-Leipzig-Leuna - a big industrial area.

Although I have not mentioned it in my list, I agree Halle would be a sensible choice, too. However, I would not vote for Neubrandenburg and Cottbus as suggested. I think more sparsely populated areas should not be overcrowded in the map.
Last edited by M4rkus on 05 Mar 2015 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

R730_V8
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2015 13:25

Mandelsoft wrote:There could be one problem when you are planning to merge this with ProMods; we have reconstructed the area west of Magdeburg, up to the first exit after the former border crossing between the BRD and DDR...
Glad to hear, that you're already did something in this area even if this means that my work might be worthless when the next version of your map is released :oops:
Anyway it would be nice if your team could add the A14 as it is a very important Autobahn in this area connecting Magdeburg, (Halle), Leipzig and Dresden. If I'm not supposed to help you mapping maybe some pictures of this route/region could be helpful. I guess I could take some photos as I travel the route Bernburg (about 40km away from each Magdeburg and Halle directly at the A14) Dresden nearly every second weekend.
And by the way DDR is GDR in English :mrgreen:
M4rkus wrote:
Although I have not mentioned it in my list, I agree Halle would be a sensible choice, too. However, I would note vote for Neubrandenburg and Cottbus as suggested. I think more sparsely populated areas should not be overcrowded in the map.
I agree with you.

wohingenau

05 Mar 2015 14:07

MandelSoft wrote:Let me go down the list of suggested new cities:
  • Koblenz: we have it in our plans. We have not reached that area yet in the ARP.
Great! I think Koblenz has a very suitable map-position and is a major german city.
MandelSoft wrote:[*]Mainz/Wiesbaden: could be considered, but I'm afraid it might be too close to Frankfurt. We have not reached that area yet in the ARP.
Agree.
MandelSoft wrote:[*]Saarbrucken: definitely on the wish list! We haven't reached that area yet.

[*]Trier: Too close to Luxembourg, but could be considered as a scenery city if we make an eastern connection towards Luxembourg.
Good plan. The whole area between Frankfurt/Cologne/Liege and Luxembourg is far from realistic in ets2-standard.

If you do Trier as a scenery city maybe you conisder to build an exit there to the B51, going past Bitburg (scenery) to another exit, one forwards to cologne (turns near Blankenheim to the A1) and the other to the A48 forwards to Koblenz.
Going to cologne there could be a short connection to Liege, too.

I appreciate your plans and work very much!

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

05 Mar 2015 16:17

I think that generally the area Dusseldorf, Koln and Dortmund is going to be a bit cramped...
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

filip_swat
Donation rank:

05 Mar 2015 16:18

Will be BAB38 and BAB14? ;D

kallejre

05 Mar 2015 16:22

Why not give ARP it's own topic/thread and copy current ARP related posts in it?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information