Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2015 14:28

kallejre wrote:Thanks for reply. Point of this question was to ask, if you have to wait for SCS to release 1.9 or not, but I didn't state question correctly. Answer is no.
If you are still on SCS ETS2 version 1.8, you are in desperate need of some updates.

http://eurotrucksimulator2.com/update.php

As mentioned above, it's ProMods 1.9, not SCS ETS2 1.9.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

10 Mar 2015 15:40

plykkegaard wrote:Requires changes to all toll gate models
You could use free cam/teleport and save a few dollars
If in luck SCS might introduce pass cards in the near future, images (Storebaelt Bridge Tool Gate) from SC DLC might suggest this will happen with the DLC release
I'd like to see that coming.
kallejre wrote:How could I restate question 'When is 1.9 released?' while avoiding misunderstanding?
Is it timed before or after release of DLC Scandinavia, patch or ATS?
We know, that world is never enough, so you can't release it when it's ready, because new updates keep coming on, making old version unready.
I'll put it to you this way. Since it's gone beta-testing and a second one nonetheless, it's on it's way. Won't be that long, but won't be tomorrow.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

MyFaceBeHi
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2015 19:50

I'm surprised that it has taken SCS this long to introduce toll passes, although I imagine this will mean they will have to overhaul all the tollbooths in future updates.

Also, as much as I really want to play promods 1.9 I'm perfectly fine with waiting. Like I said before, and I'll say it again, it's better to wait longer for a mod that is virtually bug free than it is to have a mod that was rushed out and has more bugs than an ant farm!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197993717807]Image[/url]

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

10 Mar 2015 20:21

MyFaceBeHi wrote:I'm surprised that it has taken SCS this long to introduce toll passes, although I imagine this will mean they will have to overhaul all the tollbooths in future updates.
I'm surprised about that too. At least (I think) they're considering.
MyFaceBeHi wrote:Also, as much as I really want to play promods 1.9 I'm perfectly fine with waiting. Like I said before, and I'll say it again, it's better to wait longer for a mod that is virtually bug free than it is to have a mod that was rushed out and has more bugs than an ant farm!
If only everyone thought that...
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

RemcoM97

10 Mar 2015 21:46

Okay Guys, this is for everyone who have liked Promods on Facebook:
It was an amazing, gorgeous, great (and all that kind of words) video they have put on Facebook.
I can't say more of it...
Beautiful work, and ... keep it up guys!!

Sincerely, ;)
Remco from Enschede, The Netherlands

SkGe
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2015 22:35

@ RemcoM97
Thank you for the info and yeah, what a pleasure to watch that trailer :) Good Job for whole who are involve!

Moh1336

11 Mar 2015 11:11

MyFaceBeHi wrote:I'm surprised that it has taken SCS this long to introduce toll passes, although I imagine this will mean they will have to overhaul all the tollbooths in future updates.
If they exist and it wasn't just an unfinished booth model, it's likely they will only be in the DLC and not planned to be added to the main map.
There's a huge contrast in ATS/Scandi DLC and ETS2 base games. I think any new areas will use the new things, but the original map areas will stay as they are. Toll booths could be an exception, but I honestly don't expect it.

In truth part of me would like them to consider an ETS3 with a slightly larger map scale and the whole map redone. But there's probably even less chance of that.

MyFaceBeHi
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2015 11:24

Don't forget, though, that SCS recently changed all the truck dealers in the default map to the new style so I don't see any reason why they can't do the same on the large toll booths. There is all that empty space in the middle of the toll gate that they could feasibly add a extra e-pass lane in there.
Of course I'm only speculating based on possible rumours on what will be added in the DLC, which of course might be bespoke models specifically for the DLC, but that doesn't mean to say that SCS aren't thinking about implementing such a system throughout the map.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197993717807]Image[/url]

Moh1336

11 Mar 2015 11:36

The difference there though is that the truck dealer changes were necessary.

The small truck dealers had to be made bigger to allow us to transport and drop off truck cargo to them, the old ones barely had enough room to drive in let alone manoeuvre a trailer. The larger ones were updated so they look the same.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope they update all toll booths, I drive RJL's T-Cab myself so I would really like them updated also. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

11 Mar 2015 16:04

Moh1336 wrote:The difference there though is that the truck dealer changes were necessary.

The small truck dealers had to be made bigger to allow us to transport and drop off truck cargo to them, the old ones barely had enough room to drive in let alone manoeuvre a trailer. The larger ones were updated so they look the same.
Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, they do look a lot more amazing and maybe more realistic too.
Cheers,

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information