Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
EpicGamer424

04 Jan 2017 23:24

That's looking great! Yes Spain has a great scenery and I can't wait to see more of it.

norguy

04 Jan 2017 23:34

Zniwek wrote:Okay, but we're talking about the Iberian Peninsula PM progress here, Akula. Not Scandinavia. SCS left a lot of space in the north so we can fill it with awsomeness ;)
norguy wrote:I mean, will there be many more developers working on the project?
There won't be more developers working in Spain, as we don't have more available developers to do it. Count our devs, then check who is posting progress screenshots in which project and tell us who else should work in Spain. And as you all know - we'll be happy to see your work. Just try it, maybe you'll like it and you can help.
I didn't thought that you have "unemployed" developers, just wondered if anyone would switch from working on ARP, Scandinavia, Austria or other projects to focus on Spain and Portugal instead ;) Since so much have already been done in central and northern Europe compared to the countries on the Iberian Penisula, that doesn't have their capitals on the map.

And perhaps I remember wrong, but I think it was said some time ago that lack of southern vegetation was one of the reasons southern Europe wasn't prioritized, so I thought that perhaps the focus was changed with the update in France. :)

Vøytek
Developer

05 Jan 2017 01:08

We have work to do everywhere. Developing new areas is imporant but improving older areas is also on our list of projects and we'd like to finish few things for 2.2.
Remember, that some developers don't like to work in the mountains, while some love it. And it's their choice where they want to work. Ivan and Matt have their plans for Spain and I didn't see anybody else in the team creating such crazy roads like they do so I'm afraid nobody will help them now ;)
Balkan Area is almost empty, half of Scandinavia is missing, UK is being rebuild, Ireland is missing, we have almost nothing in Ukraine (and nobody to work there), Netherlands almost untouched... But you probably know all of this if you follow us. Whole team would love to see Spain completed already - we just have no more people to do it, without abandoning all other important things ;)
If somebody'd start building west coast of Spain now, you'll have a big gap of nothing between east and west. We don't want this. Started projects have to be finished, then we can start creating some new loose ends. Our WIP map is a mess in few places and we have to tidy it up, before we start creating that mess somewhere else - I hope you know what I mean.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Akula_

05 Jan 2017 01:46

Zniwek wrote: Netherlands almost untouched
Like... What ?

Isn't Netherland already pretty much enhanced with new cities and other town rings, new bahnen, etc ..?
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

IvanGF14
Developer

05 Jan 2017 02:33

But you know that three of the main cities are still untouched right? (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Groningen) and maybe others that the team plan to add. And please, lets stop the offtopic, this is getting crazy. Dont make me to close this topic too like others. Thanks :)

realdeal350
Developer

05 Jan 2017 02:36

Akula, this is not the place to ask questions about the Netherlands ;)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

MistahDave
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2017 10:41

Amsterdam and Rotterdam had intersections replaced. They've been "scratched" by promods.

IvanGF14
Developer

05 Jan 2017 11:19

Thats not a rebuild. And end this discussion now. Next word about it and you will get a warning for ignoring my post

PirriAND

05 Jan 2017 14:15

This might be a stupid question, but since i am ignorant about the subject, i want to know the answer.

Has the France DLC made the ETS2 map bigger when it comes to the south of France?
The reason i ask that, is because, Are we going to have a chance to have a bigger Andorra? And by bigger i mean add more towns and roads.

Vøytek
Developer

05 Jan 2017 15:29

No, DLC didn't make anything bigger... No idea what you've imagined in your head, maybe you can describe more that idea? ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information