Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

06 Feb 2021 19:01

Yeah it is only a reskin of already existing areas and a overhaul of the Autobahnen and addition of A7 and A71. SCS has left many chances to improve whole germany.
I would even pay for a full rebuild basemap also with cities updated to level of black sea dlc.

But on the other hand if SCS would do this, Promods or ERN Team would loose their work completely..

So we can be curious what will come in the future by both teams.

I am very excited for the next update with the refreshments from Mandelsoft at Germany and of course all other mappers also 😃

For me there is still no point to say I don't need Promods or ERN anymore...

Best regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

MG Mike
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2021 13:09

Frate wrote:
05 Feb 2021 23:00
Except of the new Autobahn around Dortmund, Cologne and the Ruhrgebiet is also a dissappointment.
Yes? Why?

I am not from this area so I can't really say if it is good or not..

For me it is a little bad that the A3 is not that long as in Promods. The A45 looks nice so far..

But mostly disappointing is (but was already before) the empty country roads. You always don't know where are you supposed to be. Landscape only Landscape no villages no roadsigns... Nothing..
The B71 from Soltau to Uelzen at Promods shows how to do better. Also the Bundesstrassen at Euroadnetmap looks far better. More signs, realistic City name signs and so on..
Why is scs not able to do so? At these now complete vanilla germany I can only drive at Autobahnen. All other roads looks boring.. So it is always still better with Promods or Euroadnetmap

NoveauCastrian

18 Feb 2021 02:56

I agree that the scenery in some parts of Germany is disappointing. In the new 1.40 base map SCS have changed the roads in the Rhein Valley from small roads to motorways, but it's still just empty woodlands in the background, which is disappointing considering that the region is heavily urbanised in reality. The ProMods Rhein / Ruhr region is much better in my opinion. But Germany is a big country and there'll always be areas to improve.

Thedownloader

20 Feb 2021 19:01

Hi guys,

I was driving around Erfurt and there was Sign "Nürnberg".

What about the A71 / A73 for Promods.
Any plans 😉.

Thanks in Advance

LemonT_

20 Feb 2021 19:03

Quick question, will Stuttgart be rebuilt aswell? It really looks boring in the base game.

Thedownloader

21 Feb 2021 00:35

Hey Promods Team

there is a little problem around Autobahndreick Spreewald.
When you are driving from Berlin to Dresden, there is a tree on the intersection to Dresden.
Please delete that tree ;)

JohnBart
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2021 01:34

^This is a known issue. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

MG Mike
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2021 11:28

Thedownloader wrote:
20 Feb 2021 19:01
Hi guys,

I was driving around Erfurt and there was Sign "Nürnberg".

What about the A71 / A73 for Promods.
Any plans 😉.

Thanks in Advance
In my eyes that region can really use a rebuild. The A71 comes from north direction from the A38 and after the tunnel it suddenly ends up as a normal country road while at the A7 is a Interchange where the A71 also splits from A7 and after a short drive I have to leave it into a normal countryroad which is that forementioned road
which becomes A71 again just before the tunnel..

I don't like this area eversince also the vanillamap with that watertower on the hill there... Horribly.. Just horribly

SCS's Germany rebuild shows the A71 now going through all the way down to A7.. But this is also wrong. I assume it is some kind of compromise there.
In reality at the by SCS build cross Schweinfurth Werneck there splits the A70 of the A7. And the A70 runs eastwards across germany like the A38 and it ends at the interchange Dreieck Bayreuth Kulmbach and leads into A9.
And the A71 splits of the A70 at Dreieck Werntal.

And when I look at the map, hm I think it should be possible to build that. At Promods as well as Vanillamap.. This could be corrected at both of them..
And maybe the A73 could also integrated with a cross to A70 and the Interchange Suhl into A71..

But of course that is up to the team if this will be build.. But I would put it in my wishlist 8-)

edit.:

this is how it looks by now

and that could it be and would look far more realistic :)

Last edited by MG Mike on 27 Mar 2021 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

23 Feb 2021 12:56

I'm still hoping for the road from Luxembourg city into Germany (A1) being built sometime. Atm if you drive from Luxembourg to Germany, you have to either drive via the country road to the Belgian E40 and pass the border towards Köln, or you have to go via France A31/A4 and then take the very unrealistic country road towards Mannheim.

It would be awesome if there's going to be built a motorway from Luxembourg city to Koblenz, via the A1 (L) and the German A64 / A1 / A48, connecting to the A61 near Koblenz. Eventually with some scenery of Trier (since I think Trier is too close to Luxembourg city to build it as a functional city, but who knows...).

mettikonfetti

23 Feb 2021 13:09

Hello,
I'm from Kiel in nothern Germany and I always asked, why the important Ferry Connections from Kiel to Göteborg (Stena Line), Oslo (Color Line) and Klaipeda (DFDS) are not in the Map, while other smaller Ferrys in other Cities are included.
I hope, this will come some times.
Kind regards from Kiel.
Thanks for your Work!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information