New website design look

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Peterson

07 May 2017 13:20

Well, all this will need some time to get used to, but I also have several issues...

It's really, really wide, which isn't that good, since there's no content that could fill all that empty space. Mobile version suffers from being too narrow, and the font is so large that even a simple sentence is 5 lines long.

Quick links in a menu? Who offers that, honestly? Every website has hottest links in a big, shiny bar right under the header, so that people don't have to spend their precious time navigating around the website. If that menu contained social media links (with logos), then it would make sense, but let's be honest here: Promods isn't that complex to actually require such menu.

That Donate button is pretty ugly too, but I'm sure you've already been looking for a good replacement.

// You know what? I've been logout 2 times already! I can't even post this rant, so I'll stop here for the moment.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

ETS2-User
Developer

07 May 2017 13:31

Little update on unread posts: The big green tick appears when there's a new post since when you last logged in. If there's an unread post waiting for a while already it will only be marked with a small green sheet next to the topic title.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

PirriAND

07 May 2017 13:49

i don't want to play the Devil's advocate, but the older version look cooler. This one is a bit messy and annoying.
Maybe it's just me that i don't like change.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 May 2017 15:34

I agree on the donate button part, that should be updated to a ProMods style button.

But remember, the new forum is only a few days old. Things are still changing, being repaired and updated on the fly.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

07 May 2017 18:57

When clicking on threads that have new posts since my last visit, I'm seeing an underscore appear between the new post symbol (green page icon) and the thread title when I hover over the page icon. This issue did not occur on the old forum layout.

ScuL
Founder

07 May 2017 23:26

The website is set to "fluid" design, this means it will adjust to resolutions. If you don't like the width, the best solution is to resize your browser window.

For mobile this is actually 10 times better than the old system that we have.

Quick links, point taken but I'm not currently in a position to change this.

Donate button -> This files is located on PayPal's servers and I can't change it.
They don't have donate forms for dark websites.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MistahDave
Donation rank:

08 May 2017 01:27

Yah it looks fine on my phone tbh, sure a post is over a few more lines but it's cool.

The issue I have more than anything is when unread posts aren't clearly labelled as such. Makes it hard to quickly follow posts in development threads. I don't got the time to take longer than a few seconds to know if there's a new post :(

ScuL
Founder

08 May 2017 06:18

All unread posts are marked with a green icon
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MistahDave
Donation rank:

08 May 2017 10:54

It isn't working like that though, when I click on "your posts" I have unread messages but the icon next to it is grey not green. On some topics it's green like it should be but on others it's just grey despite it having newer unread posts.

It's really confusing....

I attatched a screen shot of what I mean. The top two topics I have NOT clicked on to see the new posts but there is no green but there is on the one below

ETS2-User
Developer

08 May 2017 12:04

The green tick only appears if the post is new since your last visit. Older unread posts are signed by the little sheet next to the title, which should turn green when you clean your cache.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information