27 May 2014 20:47

I love your stories. Keep 'em up dude :D

frisianbear
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 00:56

Great screens and trucks.

jasper

28 May 2014 07:26

Nice! , by the way which Man will win? :)
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

MrAnthony
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 21:13

As always, thank you for the kind words. I'm having such a good time writing these up for you all.

Stummer, it's not metallic, no. Likely just the way the light catches it. I thought about metallic, but I'm not sure if I'll go for it. The mod should be getting updated soon, so maybe it'll be an option then.

And Jasper, mine will win, of course... :lol:

--------------------------------------

After almost a week of being on the road, driving to Goteborg, then over to Glasgow then back down to Portsmouth - Both the truck and I really needed some rest. The truck went off to have a quick service done, and I waited at the depot, answering phones and contemplating the future. There's only so long we can sit down in Portsmouth with just the one truck, and very few opportunities to satisfy our client. What with most of the quarries being in the North of England, or overseas. I've got my eye on a couple of garages that we may be able to snap up and move into should the right opportunity come up. For now though, we'll manage.

I've got another TGS on back order from MAN, which I'm expecting to arrive in the next few weeks when it'll be sent off for a paint job and some tweaking. For now though, I'm handling most of the leg-work, hauling cargo across the country and into Central Europe.

Speaking of which, I got a call from SteinBruch saying they needed an excavator bringing over to Stuttgart as soon as possible. They had one die on them the previous evening, and unfortunately for them, the only one they could find on such short notice was waiting in Southampton. So guess who got a phone call at 7pm saying we desperately need a delivery... :roll:

So with very little time to spare I hopped into the truck and raced over to Southampton to collect the trailer. Luckily I didn't have to wait around for them loading it onto the flatbed. Bonus. Time to get moving.

I flicked on the rear beacon and headed off into the evening sun. I'm bound for the channel tunnel once again, but it's pretty quiet out this evening so there's no particular rush to get there.

After driving all the way up to Goteborg and so on, the truck was pretty low of diesel. I topped her up on the way and proceeded to weep ever so slightly when I was charged over £700 at the till. I grabbed a Snickers whilst I was at it and off I went.

It seemed to get dark pretty quickly, but maybe that was just because I was tired and had been driving for near enough the entire week.

It's really quite the scenic route on the way to the tunnel. I really like driving this coastal road, passing through small wooded areas and catching glimpses of the cliffs in the distance.

A quick rest on the train, and then it's back out into the night for the next leg of the journey. French roads are pretty quiet at night, or at least they usually are. Good job, I want to at least make it to Belgium before I need to rest again.

There was a construction site on the outskirts of Liege. I wondered if the building company were looking for haulage companies... Hey, you never know!

Do you need an excavator, mate? ;)

Sleep. Need. Sleep. Is that a garage up ahead? Please let there be parking. Please.

Thank goodness. Goodnight Belgium. I will continue in the light of day.

What a lovely day it was too! Overslept a little. Whoops. Also didn't help that I lost all my air pressure overnight, so this delayed me by around 20 minutes, but not to worry. Plenty of time to get there yet.

I've got a few of my favourite CDs with me, the sun is out, the clouds are almost nowhere to be seen. Windows down, cruising time.

Just passing through a toll booth as we exit the motorway and head into Germany. Not long to go now.

This is such a great road, if you ever get chance, give it a go. It's as you head down to Mannheim, and it is absolutely glorious. The traffic has picked up a bit, so it's a little bit slow going. However, it's a lovely afternoon and I really don't care to be honest! Onwards to the quarry.

Do you ever run into these idiots? This driver single handedly caused a huge que because nobody could get passed. He was just blocking the road. Obviously tried to overtake and just couldn't work his way back into the traffic. Needless to say some gestures were exchanged as I passed. Fool.

We're at about rush hour now. The quarry is just a few miles away, but I can't get there just yet. Have to wait my turn at these crossroads.

Apart from the foolish VW driver, it's been quiet a nice afternoon/evening. Very nearly there, time to enjoy the sunset, cruise up this hill and we're there.

And here we are. Parked at the top, just getting everything checked over. I'll head down, park up and then head home. I'm not bringing any cargo back. I just want to go home, get into a proper bed and sleep for a few days. Then guess what, we start all over again!

Keep on truckin'!
- Anthony.
Last edited by MrAnthony on 29 May 2014 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

jasper

29 May 2014 07:29

Such traffic! , hope you reached your destination on time :) , by the way night shots are awesome!

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

29 May 2014 11:38

Great screens! Really liking your truck too :)

MrAnthony
Donation rank:

30 May 2014 21:15

Cheers guys! Means a lot. :)

And so begins a new era.

I spoke previously about the future of the company. And after another few days of doing nothing but thinking, and handling paperwork and loans, I've decided that some change is needed.

Now, we're still registered as AB Logistics. No need for a name change, I like it as it is. I'm talking more about the base for our company. Portsmouth is great, but it means more often than not, to satisfy our clients we have to travel quite a distance across the country before we can travel to our job destination. This is fine, but it creates extra costs in terms of fuel and servicing. Plus, nobody wants to be doubling back on themselves when going on a long journey. Having said that, I have made an executive decision to move the company Northwards to Sheffield. This is where we shall be based for the foreseeable future.

A new garage has been acquired, and as such we have updated our fleet of trucks. This means we own the following:

- [ABL001] MAN TGS 18.540 4x2
- [ABL002] MAN TGS 18.360 4x2
- [ABL003] MAN TGX 33.680 6x2 [STGO CAT 2]

Sadly, 002/3 are both in the workshop having tweaks and paint applied. Pictures will be up soon.

Purchasing these extra two trucks has opened numerous doors for our company, allowing us to expand our haulage abilities. Our STGO category 2 TGX is already drawing interest from new clients which is excellent news.

Here is a photo of the newly painted 001 TGS.

We'll be back out of the road soon. Moving our entire company up North has taken its toll. Some much needed rest will be taken first.

Regards,
- Anthony, CEO AB Logistics.

I'd love to know what you think about the new paint. It still needs a few tweaks, but it's the only design I've created that I'm actually happy with (for now at least! :lol:)

Thanks a lot!
- Anthony.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

30 May 2014 21:54

Looks fantastic! Keeps getting better mate. Can't wait to see your (virtual) trucking empire expanding!

jasper

31 May 2014 13:57

Awesome truck! love it

MrAnthony
Donation rank:

03 Jun 2014 11:39

Cheers guys!

Working on something new at the moment, so sorry for the lack of updates.

Stay tuned though. ;)

Return to “Share the love”

• Information