About Map

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Zombozo
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2020 17:48

For me it s totally new this mod, and seriously i need help! So, the archive contain 7 files, 6 scs and 1 txt,
basically i must be 5 files in mod?

Added in 48 minutes 53 seconds:
it is something different if I choose the first or the second option or simply just the skins?

Zombozo
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2020 09:34

So, no answer?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2020 10:23

If you still mean the Trailer and Company Pack, the readme file describes in detail what files you should copy to the mods folder (and others already provided you plenty of pointers in the previous page).

Basically, there are only two things to be careful about:

1. Do not copy both the Standalone and Replacement SCS files into the mod folder, as they are mutually exclusive. Use the Standalone file if you want to add the ProMods trailers next to the existing trailers. Use Replacement if you want to replace the existing generic SCS trailers with the ProMods ones. Which one is "better" is completely up to personal preference - I myself use the Replacement variant, but that's just me.

2. Make sure that the load order is correct. See this topic for more information on that.
Zombozo wrote:So, no answer?
Sorry mate, but you should be a bit more patient. We aren't monitoring the forum every minute of the day. Also, reading back this topic I noticed that you'd already gotten all the info you need to get started, even to your latest questions, so I don't understand the urgency.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Zombozo
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2020 11:27

Ok, undestood but my question is if it is some different between standalone and replacement, like more trailers AI, more Physx, or is simple skin model and image?

Vøytek
Developer

16 Sep 2020 12:12

Replacement replaces textures for the default trailers, as the name suggests.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Zombozo
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2020 12:29

Ok, thank you mate

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
And standalone, ramain old trailer and add a new ?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2020 12:40

Yes, as we have mentioned above. ;)
The Standalone file keeps the original SCS trailers, and adds the ProMods ones besides them.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Zombozo
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2020 14:13

Hello again,
Firstly to start a new game , when comes a new update , it s ok to delete old map files from mod folder or deactivate and leave on mod manager? How it s corect?

bmwGTR

17 Sep 2020 15:03

Hi,

you can do it like you want. I do it like this:
1.) open the game, exchange the old files with the new files in the mod manager
2.) play the game ;)
3.) after gaming, removing the old files from mod folder. You can also leave the files in the mod folder.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Zombozo
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2020 15:28

So, it s not a problem if i delete old files from mod and replace after, but if i want to deactivate or delete a mod in game like trailer and company or cabin mod , maybe at 50% progress, how it s the safe method? The truck is returned to garage, possible crush or something P.S.only promods files mod ! And sorry, i am begginer

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information