Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
sw3gameboy

24 Jan 2014 12:35

I have seen that the city designs of Jönköping, Göteborg, Turku, Karlstad, Malmö, Aarhus and Aalborg has been copied from other cities. I mean, i can clearly see that they litterly look like Szczecin, Lyon, Bratislava, Köln, Verona, Brussels and Geneve when looking at the map. Or well, you've tried to hide the copying, but i am not easy to fool :mrgreen:
Seriously, you should think about that. An unique city design do also give an unique feel to the city itself. Kutchek did a pretty good job with it, so...

Also, this stuff or waay to large city designs for vanilla SCS map (yes, i am that kind of guy) is what i've seen in almost every map mod so far. Getting sick of it... :x
PS: All the text above is no criticism against Promods. It's just something you should have in mind ;)

ScuL
Founder

24 Jan 2014 13:12

Cities are the most time consuming part of making a map. A small city takes 5 days to build, a large city can take up to double. In the beginning when our team only consisted of 2 people it was the only way to make progress quickly without boring our fanbase with a year long wait.

In the end I don't feel it makes much of a difference as long as landmarks are placed and critical things such as traffic signs, railings etc. are localised. Of course it is preferable to have unique places everywhere but I don't think it degrades the player's experience.

By the way some of the places you mentioned are incorrect :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Witcher

24 Jan 2014 13:59

Indeed I'd rather not wait ages for a new map just so it is 90 % realistic. Anyway Promods is way ahead of other map mods out there compared to quality and being realistic. It always can be better and more accurate but that takes a lot of time and resources of the modders.
In my opinion promods is as realistic as they can be for a simulator considering the time and work it takes to make these wonderful expansions in ets 2 map :)

sw3gameboy

24 Jan 2014 18:13

ScuL wrote:Cities are the most time consuming part of making a map. A small city takes 5 days to build, a large city can take up to double. In the beginning when our team only consisted of 2 people it was the only way to make progress quickly without boring our fanbase with a year long wait.

In the end I don't feel it makes much of a difference as long as landmarks are placed and critical things such as traffic signs, railings etc. are localised. Of course it is preferable to have unique places everywhere but I don't think it degrades the player's experience.

By the way some of the places you mentioned are incorrect :)
Aah i see, Aalborg was copied from Kassel instead of Geneve... sorry i was a bit confused :? but the rest is actually correct.

I understand that a city takes alot of time to build, especially with the detail you're doing (in which is fantastic i gotta say). My comment was btw just a suggestion for improving the map, nothing to take seriously :)
PS: Haven't i seen your answer before, at the facebook page? Maybe it's just me, who knows :mrgreen:

ScuL
Founder

24 Jan 2014 19:19

Still not right :P Rotterdam is in there somewhere but you won't recognise it. :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

sw3gameboy

24 Jan 2014 19:37

ScuL wrote:Still not right :P Rotterdam is in there somewhere but you won't recognise it. :)
Had absolutely no idea about the Rotterdam copy :lol: maybe i've missed it, but i am too silly to check again :mrgreen:

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Jan 2014 20:30

I'll give you one clue: the Rotterdam copy lies near a motorway, yet this motorway is not part of the copied Rotterdam part... Oh, and it's not copied in the original orientation.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

sw3gameboy

24 Jan 2014 20:51

MandelSoft wrote:I'll give you one clue: the Rotterdam copy lies near a motorway, yet this motorway is not part of the copied Rotterdam part... Oh, and it's not copied in the original orientation.
JUST FOUND IT! It's in Malmö. I got wrong on that one, i thought it was Verona because they look that similar actually :lol:

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2014 22:01

Maybe SCS copied cities?? :P

Just saying that ETS2 cities are not that great...
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2014 23:56

I thought maybe after Euro Truck 1 they would use city roads from the actual cities in real life. Thought wrong I guess.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information