Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Akula_

28 Apr 2017 14:29

realdeal350 wrote:I'm pretty sure it gets more arid the more south you go along the AP-7, but I don't live in Spain so I'm not certain.
jontsuba wrote:Quite a nice work. Good job!
Never went past Gerona, but after you crossed the border and the Junquera, trees stop existing and it's just about dry grass and everything in yellow-ish shades..

So special it's hard to describe more, just a mix of some pints of green among all the yellow-sand dry arid stuff
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

realdeal350
Developer

28 Apr 2017 14:32

When I made that area I was using this video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhY0HvWapzg
A lot of vegetation is present and I'm pretty sure this was filmed around summer time.

La Jonquera, AP-7 and that whole area in general is pretty old and crappy now. I'll definitely rework it in the future.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Akula_

28 Apr 2017 14:38

Thats it, so as you can see it's even more drier and arid than these all-green screens

(no offence)
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

jontsuba
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 15:05

The thing with AP-2 is that between Lleida and Zaragoza there's a semiarid area called "Los Monegros". That's why it gets (somewhat) greener the closer to get the coast

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 15:31

BrunoAlexLUX wrote:
Nectaria Coutayar wrote:...all the commodities the EU can give you.
"all". There are some rest areas on the A-62 that look more like 3rd world gas stations that don't even have proper access roads (exit 169 for example). Not to talk about the food they serve in Quintana del Puente(Suco) that looks like it was cooked the day before.
I'm sure you can find bad stuff in every EU country, as long as it isn't the rule, it's a rarity and should not be considered common.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

norguy

28 Apr 2017 15:59

Wow, Spain looks SO awesome now! Would be amazing if these dry roads you have posted lately makes it to 2.2. Would be happy to wait 4 extra months just to get this area included :D

PirriAND

28 Apr 2017 17:28

BrunoAlexLUX wrote:
Nectaria Coutayar wrote:...all the commodities the EU can give you.
"all". There are some rest areas on the A-62 that look more like 3rd world gas stations that don't even have proper access roads (exit 169 for example). Not to talk about the food they serve in Quintana del Puente(Suco) that looks like it was cooked the day before.
- Locals NEVER eat at gas stations. If you are hungry, you take the first exit and drive to the nearest town and eat there.

- What's the point in having a "1st class" gas station in a town in the middle of nowhere in Castilla Leon with less than 300 people?

- Less than a KM ahead, you had a better restaurant to eat at:
https://www.google.es/maps/place/Restau ... -4.2094293

BrunoAlexLUX

28 Apr 2017 18:51

PirriAND wrote: - Locals NEVER eat at gas stations. If you are hungry, you take the first exit and drive to the nearest town and eat there.
I didn't know about that.
PirriAND wrote: - What's the point in having a "1st class" gas station in a town in the middle of nowhere in Castilla Leon with less than 300 people?
The point of having a 1st class gas station or rest area is because that's on/at the side of a main road where so many truckers, tourists and portuguese immigrants drive on for so many years now. They could get some profit out of it with so many coaches stopping there by doing a better job.
PirriAND wrote: - Less than a KM ahead, you had a better restaurant to eat at:
https://www.google.es/maps/place/Restau ... -4.2094293
People who drive down from France have the habit of stopping at rest areas to eat and then they think it would also work in Spain as in so many other countries. The restaurants aren't good signed. Only locals or people that know the road so well, know that they exist.

JazzGuru
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 22:04

Wow realdeal350, those pics look amazing. Keep up the great work... ;)

gmtavares

29 Apr 2017 00:13

So great to see these places where I don't need captions to know where they are... Icon Greenwich arch after zaragoza!!! Great pics.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information