Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LoaderSaints

15 Jul 2014 09:24

Purno wrote:Write in English!!! :!:
Fact: Most Finns do not speak English well enough to express themselves properly.

Arexander
Donation rank:

15 Jul 2014 09:27

LoaderSaints wrote:Fact: Most Finns do not speak English well enough to express themselves properly.
Which is quite absurd, as Finns start learning English at the age of 8 or 9, on the third grade of grade school, and also watch TV with mostly English voice actors and Finnish subtitles, and use Internet where, again, English is the main language.

LoaderSaints

15 Jul 2014 09:32

Arexander wrote:
LoaderSaints wrote:Fact: Most Finns do not speak English well enough to express themselves properly.
Which is quite absurd, as Finns start learning English at the age of 8 or 9, on the third grade of grade school, and also watch TV with mostly English voice actors and Finnish subtitles, and use Internet where, again, English is the main language.
Yes, I was not referring to myself. It just seems that the majority of Finns do not speak English well enough despite it being taught from the 3rd grade. I find that kinda awkward. :P

Arexander
Donation rank:

15 Jul 2014 09:36

That's what my reply was about too. It's just absurd that people in Finland can't speak English better than what they are now when the teaching is started so early and continues all the way up the education system. :roll:

Dannu
Donation rank:

15 Jul 2014 09:49

Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Purno
Donation rank:

15 Jul 2014 10:19

LoaderSaints wrote:
Purno wrote:Write in English!!! :!:
Fact: Most Finns do not speak English well enough to express themselves properly.
Fact: Forum rules state to use an online translator.
Fact: There's a Finnish part of the forum in case you're unable or unwilling to use a translator.

And we've derailed this topic enough now. Lets continue talking about the development of ProMods, not about Finns and their language skills.

Nissantruck

15 Jul 2014 10:41

I must say something about that Finnish people language skills, even if they are, in principle, not part of this project i mean the Arctic Circle/Finland truck simulator mod map.So I'll give one example and here it is: the famous Finnish rally driver Tommi Mäkinen did say something like this:wen i went too the last stage my left front tyre went roukken and i kot ty wiks it you now.So he would have had to say it like this:when I went to the previous stage my left front tire was damaged and I had to replace it.That there was only one way of saying that.And even the other well-known Finnish people and ordinary people can speak bad English, but fortunately, not all of them which for example, i always enjoyed school English classes and i also speak English quite well, but my writing can have some mistakes but at least i try to, compared to other people in Finland and that is a shame because language skills are important in today's world and people who speak bad English destroy everything that they did learn in the school and it also sounds horrible. Ps. when I watch programs in English i delete the subtitle if it is possible so that i can maintain my language skills.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Robbieohman

15 Jul 2014 11:23

Olisko se siis se beta päivitys tai ets3

stummer
Donation rank:

15 Jul 2014 11:54

Please guys: Stay on topic and post in English

As Purno said, you can use a translator and post your original text below - or use the language forums.

Dannu
Donation rank:

15 Jul 2014 12:41

To Robbieohman:Use google translator or ask someone who can speak english to write in english. FIN:Käytä google kääntäjää tai pyydä henkilöä, joka osaa englantia kirjoittaa mitä haluat sanoa.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information