Development on version 2.x (Trailer and Company Pack)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
plykkegaard
Donation rank:

16 May 2015 09:06

European contractors, house builders and material producers

Contractors & House builders
  • Vinci
  • ACS
  • Bouygues
  • Hochtief
  • Skanska
Material producers
  • Saint-Gobain
  • Schneider Electric
  • Holcim
  • Hochtief
  • Lafarge
[/url]
For the actual company name with regards to transportation well you got me ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

adrian007
Donation rank:

16 May 2015 09:24

Apologies for the wrong info :oops: what I mean is Sanbuilders replaced with MacAlpine ,Cubbitts etc. , suspect that these are no longer functional there might not be a backlash of copyright etc.
I realize that most of the companies I remember are probably some that were around before most the people here were born :lol:
Regards
Adrian 8-)

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

16 May 2015 10:09

Here is a list of our initial ideas for companies to make it easier to understand:

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

16 May 2015 11:04

I;m thinking maybe a food producer could be Nestle (as mentioned by someone else previously). Ika can be IKEA (although that's starting to get common), Polaris Lines can be Stena Lines (I think that was also mentioned somewhere), Norrfood could be REMA 1000 or Coop Norden (and generally if you want supermarkets, this might come in handy.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

16 May 2015 11:27

IKA will not turn into IKEA because it would be too common.

Ostpuff
Developer

16 May 2015 11:41

IRL there's an IKEA in every city represented in the DLC except for Karlskrona.
I really think it should be IKEA even though there are a lot of those stores on the map. It was meant to be IKEA and I think it should be that way.
I understand what you are saying but it isn't unrealistic. Those IKEA stores do actually exist, and most of them are even placed geographically accurate.

Just my opinion but you can't just skip IKEA in a map that covers Sweden.

All the other companies sound good, Norrfood could be something like Coop or ICA, and Sag & Tre could be Stora Enso.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

zebenji
Graphics Designer

16 May 2015 13:14

Ostpuff wrote:Just my opinion but you can't just skip IKEA in a map that covers Sweden.
+1 on that. Ikea is basically Sweden's trademark for a lot of people. And the prefab really looks like an Ikea store. In fact, I was thinking you would say that you would turn IKA into IKEA and try to see if it could replace the other Ikeas already available in Promods. Plus, that model is amazing and I think it can be used as Ikea in most of the areas currently in development. It is way more common than Bauhaus stores in most of European countries, after all.

And as for the car rental service: Sixt? I think you have more than enough German companies in that mod. Europcar is the first car rental service in Europe, FYI.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

16 May 2015 13:27

Or Avis
In the Nordic I have always used Avis for car rental

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

16 May 2015 17:01

zebenji wrote:- Furthermore, still regarding transportation, you said you didn't want to add UPS or Fedex because it's EURO Truck Simulator 2. I agree with you on that point: you want to replace the default companies by the ones we find in Europe. So in that case, you have to admit that we find these two everywhere in Europe - maybe with a small advantage to UPS. Deciding to boycott UPS because it's an American company is like not wanting to implement McDonald's restaurants in a "Euro Fast Food Simulator" game. This doesn't make any sense. If the main transport company in Europe was Chinese or Brazilian, would you do the same thing? However, as I said, there are many transportation companies in Europe so it's not really a big deal. The reason you gave was just a little weird to me, that's all.
Im not sure, but UPS is for me a transportation service which delivers smaller packages directly to the persons, and not a Transportation Company which transports bigger Stuff to other Companys.
At least for me that would be a main reason for not using UPS.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

16 May 2015 17:10

UPS transport parcels across borders to their own logistic centers
Like eg FedEx, GLS, DHL, Postnord etc

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information