France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MistahDave
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2016 18:27

What was behind the decision to make it so you can't drive into the ferry at Calais now? I've never liked ports that you can't actually drive into the ferry.

Akula_

27 Dec 2016 19:00

Zniwek wrote:Where do you have it? It's on 2 left lanes ingame... Only on those small tollgates, when entering/leaving the highway, it's on the right.
I just took some discovery trip Lille-Rennes-Bordeaux, some of them had the T lanes on the rightmost ...
This is just very confusing since the big ones have both lanes on the left and the right, and you can't use the rightmost lane which is supposed to be designed for trucks.
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

ScuL
Founder

27 Dec 2016 21:27

MistahDave wrote:What was behind the decision to make it so you can't drive into the ferry at Calais now? I've never liked ports that you can't actually drive into the ferry.
No intent, Calais needed a quick rebuild and it was the easiest way to do so
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

JurianPaulussen
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2016 23:49

The same as for Dover, but that's another topic ;) (maybe a little, as it's a connection to France..:))
Working at Röhlig Aircargo at Amsterdam Airport

Speaking Dutch, Afrikaans, German, English and Spanish

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2016 23:59

Yeah, I know it was a quick rebuild but when it id fully rebuilt I would like to see the Fort Nieutly Interchange and the A216/N216 in Calais remodelled and the A20/A2 in Dover as well as the M20/A20 Channel Tunnel Folkestone. It's just my OCD acting up when I see two of the busiest ferry crossings in the world so inaccurate with no buildings and little significance. (Please just do a good job whoever does it, but I know it will be good anyways)
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

mads1153
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2016 01:22

Hey
I can see speed limit signs at the border of France is missing for example to Italy over mountain and some roads to Germany. Euro sign of country is there, not the speed limit signs that appear after. But dont hurry to fix it, because it's not necessary until rebuild of DLC France to Promods standard.
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.3.0
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5245,3 hours
ATS: Level 47 and played 809,6 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

Akula_

30 Dec 2016 16:48

Well while we're talking about flaws

I find the vanilla roadsign particulary horrible. The red isn't enough red, the font isn't enough black and not as thick as the real one (France's one are really thick and big unlike the rest of europe)
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

mads1153
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2016 17:32

Viva La France DLC was very good built and connecting with Promods France there areas Viva La France DLC did not make was even much better than vanilla without DLC and Promods France together. The flaw I talked about is not the big problem since missing speed limit sign is only at the borders of France, areas there was finished quickly before Promods 2.15 was released. So I can say I am even more satisfied with this Promods 2.15 than earlier Promods release.
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.3.0
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5245,3 hours
ATS: Level 47 and played 809,6 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

30 Dec 2016 23:48

Akula_ wrote:Well while we're talking about flaws

I find the vanilla roadsign particulary horrible. The red isn't enough red, the font isn't enough black and not as thick as the real one (France's one are really thick and big unlike the rest of europe)
Another flaw with the DLC, as brilliant as it is, is that the road markings are too invisible. I find myself struggling to stay in lane sometimes as they are so thin and the sun glare takes them away (lowest graphic settings by the way). The real road markings are quite thick. Also, could something be done about the companies in the next version? I took a job from Le Mans and to get to the pick up point from the centre of Le Mans was 4h30min! That is NOT in Le Mans. I liked the Promods France, but the DLC is a good point to start again and to rebuild outdated cities with a new collection of assets.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

JohannesKauffmann

31 Dec 2016 12:04

I kind of agree with you about the road markings Nathan.

Another thing I've noticed is that the Aire de Thionville Porte de France and the Aire d'Entrange are Aire de repos in real life and not Aire de service. In other words, they shouldn't include a full-blown gas station, and just be rest areas instead.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information