[REL] RusMap 2.45 [1.45.x]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
w-ede

03 Sep 2020 06:54

Is there already a fix linking the lowest RUSmap with the EAA?

psychoszoku

03 Sep 2020 07:00

Rudi Raser wrote:
02 Sep 2020 18:14
i speak for myself now, the admins and devs have to decide what they will do.
what I ask myself all the time is: why did you created this RC?
Strange question.
Maybe because he had been doing this for a long time in many previous versions?
Also, Sergey put a lot more effort for players who use larger combinations of maps, not just Promods, by solving problems and conflicts that arise when combining millions of maps and add-ons that some players like to do. Wombat's videos proves that there are players interest in such combos and you were promoting 2.5 on his channel.
It is Sergey that knows Russian community and the requirements of a combination of Russian maps and conflicts that it may cause.

Man I really like Promods and the quality of PM is superb! But I do not understand why you have this king-ish attitude towards other mappers, and now when you've (PM team) created road connections for the first time it seems that all others are bad.

In general, Thank you Sergey for great effort, and thank you Promods team also for the effort you make into the maps!

Странный вопрос.
Может потому, что он делал это давно во многих предыдущих версиях?
Кроме того, Сергей приложил гораздо больше усилий для игроков, которые используют более крупные комбинации карт, а не только промоды, решая проблемы и конфликты, возникающие при объединении миллионов карт и дополнений, которые любят делать некоторые игроки. Видео Вомбата доказывают, что игроки заинтересованы в таких комбинациях и вы продвигали 2.5 на его канале.
Это Сергей знает русское сообщество и требования комбинации русских карт и конфликтов, которые оно может вызвать.

Мне очень нравятся Promods, и качество PM просто превосходное! Но я не понимаю, почему у вас такое королевское отношение к другим картографам, и теперь, когда вы (команда PM) впервые создали дорожные связи, кажется, что все остальные плохие.

В общем, спасибо Сергею за большие усилия, а также спасибо команде Promods за усилия, которые вы вкладываете в карты!

ScuL
Founder

03 Sep 2020 07:07

psychoszoku wrote:
03 Sep 2020 07:00
[But I do not understand why you have this king-ish attitude towards other mappers
where do you see this?
what is the evidence?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

olaf28

03 Sep 2020 08:12

What evidence ..
He is only talking about the attitude of Promods towards other mappers.
I think the question from Rudi is enough evidence of the attitude of Promods
TerraMaps Administration, COO
Red Sea Map I Caribbean Map | Road to Asia Map | Corfu Map I Pacific Map
https://terramaps.net/forum/
https://www.facebook.com/TerraMapsOfficial

Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Grap: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6

bengt.jensie

03 Sep 2020 08:17

@psychoszoku

+100

@ScuL

Most often the king himself doesn't see it, but that is quite common!

Vøytek
Developer

03 Sep 2020 09:07

The question was fairly simple - why did Sergey spend his time, if we already did it? This way we both "wasted" time on it. One connector is enough, that's why we were surprised with that post, because we didn't expect Sergey to make it. It wasn't in a tone "Man, stop it, we did it and our connector is better!". In the past, Vladzz-G made a connector once, I did as well, so aldimator didn't have to spend his time on it, and he could focus on expanding RusMap itself.
It was genuine surprise, so stop naming us "kings" if we're not doing it ourselves... It's really not cool to read those accusations over and over again.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

MXTrucker
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2020 09:26

But...what if Sergei (or else) wants to set RC the way he wants for Rusmap ?
As you've shown you can expand in Murmansk or Georgia, world map is free, no ?
You created RC because mappers and community asked for Rusmap compatibility, not because you had time to spend.
Do you think about RC in Georgia to set with Turkey map, RC to SR9...?
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/MXTrucker/videos
En français et/ou anglais
In English and/or French
Pùo aiutare in Italiano

Vøytek
Developer

03 Sep 2020 10:01

Everybody is free to expand in any territory. Nobody can claim a land for himself and prevent other mappers from working there. Any connector can be made the way you like. If you use RusMap's Murmansk, no problem - but we'll (well, one of us who has time and motivation for it) make our own connector with our Murmansk, to preserve our hard work, which is pretty normal I believe ;)
Yes, this time we provided a road connection, because people were complaining about our lack of cooperation. Which means, Sergey didn't have to do it himself. But if he wanted - alright, it's his choice and we can't have anything against it.
I'm not the one working on those connectors, so I won't speak about other maps - especially in RusMap thread.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

MXTrucker
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2020 10:19

Vøytek wrote:
03 Sep 2020 10:01
(...) I won't speak about other maps - especially in RusMap thread.
Of course, no off-topic ;)
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/MXTrucker/videos
En français et/ou anglais
In English and/or French
Pùo aiutare in Italiano

Horizon™
Developer

03 Sep 2020 10:30

You created RC because mappers and community asked for Rusmap compatibility, not because you had time to spend.
Completely false accusations. As a user of RusMap and Great Steppe map modifications, I had a personal interest on the road connector, as I have wanted to explore changes in these maps, in addition of benefiting the community of people that love map combinations as well. That's a reason why you have gotten Southern Region and Georgia connection via ferry and PM+RM connectors as quickly as you got, considering I had to spend a lot of time searching for the issues, such as item duplicates, missing city names and sometimes broken GPS, in addition of adding the connections to our map, instead of, you know, working on the project of mine.
But...what if Sergei (or else) wants to set RC the way he wants for Rusmap ?
Sergey, as any other mod author, is free to do the road connector however he sees fit, it is not up-to us to decide, unless, such discussions are required between two parties. If he wants to do RC without our Murmansk, he can go ahead. If we want a RC with our Murmansk, we also are free to do so too.

Primary motivation of trying to update and re-use the road connector is that Sergey seemed highly frustrated with changes on the borders of the Belarus or other places, which I wholly understand, considering it might be difficult to find out what is changed or not, to avoid creating a complete mess in the map, therefore, with this motivation also being in my mind, I had decided to do it myself whilst thinking that this move might be received positively by Sergey. Kingship is nothing to do with the way we did the road connectors.

Lastly, I continue to observe the same nicknames that are causing the issue where there is none, or they shouldn't be involved into as it is up-to two parties to come to an agreement, without unwanted, intrusive and lie-spreading third party. Please, keep your unwarranted vendetta to your places of conglomeration.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information