New website design look

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

08 May 2017 12:15

It could be that your mobile browser does not support the CSS !important tag, because that is necessary for the icon to turn green.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

blademight

08 May 2017 14:09

Long time since I came to the forum to say pleasantly surprised by the new design. But there is one wish. Now users that are "online" shows a green icon, I would like to see the same icon, only in red to show users "offline". It's certainly not critical, but it would be more understandable for new users.

P.S. At first I do not understand how to find a online user or offline.
:D :) :lol: :lol: :) :D

M4rkus

08 May 2017 16:02

I think the new design is pretty good. For me it looks a bit huge, though. The layout elements are large so that there's too few text fitting into my window, which is a bit unhandy. Seems also like it's a little too optimised in favour of mobile usage (as often nowadays). Perhaps change the layout elements to 80~90% of current size. Also, I'd like to the green shield (with the tick) before topics with unread posts. I don't really know when there's a tick or a cross now so that's a bit mysterious. And when I jump to new posts with that sheet symbol, there's no heading above each post as was before. That's unhandy for me because usually I will open several tabs in the development forums and read them successively. When there's no heading for the posts, I need to scroll to the title of the page so I can see which topic I'm in.

EDIT: Also, I think the user flags could be bigger because that used to be one of Promods Forum trademark.

kReX

08 May 2017 17:12

ScuL wrote:
08 May 2017 12:15
It could be that your mobile browser does not support the CSS !important tag, because that is necessary for the icon to turn green.
This problem also occurs for me (tested on my computer – Chrome, iOS – Safari, Android – "Ordinary" web browser).
Last edited by kReX on 24 May 2017 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
SLOVENIJA

Peterson

08 May 2017 17:51

Well, I have one thing to add, and that is that the green tick could appear whenever there's a new post in the thread, because seemingly, it doesn't work as it should. Read posts aren't distinguished from unread, which is pretty annoying, so I would just stick to the old system, which simply worked because it was simple.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

08 May 2017 17:56

Deleting your cache seems to work. You should try that.

peniu
Donation rank:

09 May 2017 19:22

So, why is the same icon used when there are none unread posts and where there are some? https://imgur.com/a/clBU4

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

09 May 2017 20:08

On the homepage there is this magical link named "Mark forums read" - click it, and it'll reset all those icons.
Screenshot 2017-05-10 at 07.07.04.png
Screenshot 2017-05-10 at 07.07.04.png (74.41 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
Promods Server Administrator

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

09 May 2017 20:29

I did do that a couple of times already, I did use ctrl+F5 a few times, I even cleared my cache. Still I've got that problem. (Opera 44)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

09 May 2017 22:37

This is true. I have also tried clearing my cache and although the orange sheets (the little icons) have turned into proper green, the green ticks (the big icons) are still placed in a seemingly random order.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information