Why did you choose your nickname?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Sir_Tramalot

29 Jun 2015 15:33

Sir_Tramalot was from an old Minecraft account (about 6 years old now), and it sort of sprouted the Tramalot brand name, which then spread to a load of liveries in this game, OMSI and Trainz. I couldn't be bothered to change the branding, so I stick with this name for games.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

04 Jul 2015 10:20

I always have a hard time picking nicknames. My first ever nickname was meant for IRC and ever since then I kept trying to modify my real name into something cool/recognizable. The problem is you won't find anything an English speaker could relate to even remotely similar to my name/surname (they are distinctly Lithuanian-only) so it is an impossible task.

I had a common Lithuanian shortname/nickname (think Sasha=Alexander in Russian) as well that I loath with a passion so one day I took matters into my own hands and started insisting everyone just call me MJ (English pronunciation for my initials) at school (because Michal Jordan was the shit back then). The problem with this is nobody normally allows 2 letter nicknames or they're already taken ;) Anyway, I got the LA(=Language Administrator) prefix on a game portal a few years back and I kind of learned to like this combination a lot.

Volvo_King

06 Jul 2015 06:06

Volvo_King

I chose this nick, because I love Volvo, so... :D

Arexander
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2015 11:36

Arexander is probably my oldest nickname so far and the one I tend to go for when creating new accounts. I created it back when I was about 6 or 7 when I was playing Age of Empires in LAN with my brother. The default nickname for a LAN player was Alexander after everyone's favorite Macedonian war leader, but I wanted a personal touch in there. So I switched the 'l' for an 'r' to match up my RL nickname 'Are', short for Arttu, and went with that. It's usually available wherever I go, but there are times when I need to resort to my secondary nickname, Arezkimo, which was made up by a friend, or even make a completely new one, resulting in both Dal Zeklend and Qutset. Oftentimes I also add a surname to my nickname, resulting in the complete name for RPG games or the like: Arexander Clevor. I think I got Clevor from a random name maker or so, same with Dal Zeklend, but Qutset is a name I invented myself, not really sure how.

Arexander, both with and without the surname Clevor, and Arezkimo are the ones people most likely will find myself called in various places in the wide world of internet. All of the names were once used in Pardus when I created various characters to try out new things, but Dal Zeklend and Qutset have pretty much fallen out of use after that, except for my alternate characters in Planetside 2.

tl;dr
Arexander usually is me, Arexander Clevor and Arezkimo definitely are me, Dal Zeklend and Qutset are rare but still me. Arexander = Alexander (the Great) + Are (RL nick). Clevor, Dal Zeklend = RNG, Qutset = made up, Arezkimo = a nickname by a friend

Rocar 512E

08 Jul 2015 15:46

arttu=arthur?

martinusK

08 Jul 2015 16:02

Finnish names derived from Arthur are Artturi, Arto and Arttu ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Polestar
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2015 18:42

adgjl wrote: A clue: do you happen to be into trance music, Asot6?
You mean A State Of Trance by Armin van Buuren?
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

adgjl
Donation rank:

08 Jul 2015 18:49

Yep ;)
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2015 05:39

I'm a big fan of Scandinavia (that's how I also discovered Promods) and I wanted a scandnavian sounding username, thats all. Although I'm starting to think that I should change it, that's isn't possible, right? :?
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

martinusK

09 Jul 2015 06:22

AFAIK it is possible, look at uk_daf_fan (or, now KubaJAM) ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information