Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Purno
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2014 14:41

rarespetrosanu wrote:For the Christmas edition would be perfect to see Iceland ready - it's possible ;)
Suuuuuure... because, you know... "Iceland is the easiest part to make". [/sarcasm]

Seriously, don't count on it. I'm not working with deadlines, and I'm pretty sure Iceland won't be fully ready at Christmas (will require a lot of testing and finetuning!). Perhaps a part of it, but not all of Iceland.

Unless you mean Christmas 2015. That might be possible.

rarespetrosanu

16 Jul 2014 14:48

isn't about sarcasm :) - i thought maybe it will be easy but it's tough ;) - a few cities , the roads aren't the hardest part
anyway ur work till now is very good
if i knew how to work with blender i would it help u mate

Vladzz-G
Developer

16 Jul 2014 14:49

Hmm... OK. :)
Then don't need to build Greenland, and I mean, that in Christmas 2014 you can release part of Iceland, if it's ready, not full.
Or you have considered to release only full Iceland somewhen in next year, or much later..? ;)

I'm not hurrying and I'm ready to wait. :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Purno
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2014 14:58

rarespetrosanu wrote:a few cities , the roads aren't the hardest part
Actually, roads are just as hard. They need scenery and landscape as well, and I can't use trees to block sight from landscape further away. And there's a lot more roads than there are cities. Towns require more work, but they're also more fun to make and to add details too. Especially since people won't be passing towns at 90km/h, but they will pass any detail on rural roads with 90km/h.

Purno
Donation rank:

19 Jul 2014 11:30

I've connected both parts of route 1. The last part between Vík and Höfn is getting shape. A few WIP shots;

So, that means I now got a one full route connecting Seyðisfjörður and Reykjavík to each other. I still need to add more details at some places, but connecting these two cities is quite a milestone for me.

realdeal350
Developer

19 Jul 2014 12:59

Looking good so far! :)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Volvofahrer 26
Donation rank:

19 Jul 2014 13:51

It looks great Purno!
i like the small path up to the rock! ;)
ADR-Cargo Mod

http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t ... 629#p96629

Get a new challenge with dangerous cargos!

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

19 Jul 2014 14:22

Small remark regarding the communications tower in the 1st screenshot. This curve seems to be in a valley/hollow in some hills. Engineers would put the tower on top of the surrounding ridge, not right next to the road. All wireless communications nowadays (except for medium wave and long wave radio) are beyond the UHF frequency range and therefore directional (i.e. there needs to be a lign of sight between antenna's). There can be no antenna's in dips in the landscape.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Purno
Donation rank:

19 Jul 2014 14:54

Makes sense, but it's supposed to be one of the many towers that monitor the state of the road. Apparently there's several of these towers continuously monintoring the current state of Route 1. So, that's why I placed it near the road.

Unsure what's best to do. Move it up a higher place, or leave it near the road.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

19 Jul 2014 17:01

It's a compromise, since their apparently is no actual model for a "camera tower" available. There are a TON of cameras all over the place. I've now lost the link someone posted several months ago where one can click on any of the cameras for a live view.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information